LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Knocking sound when I hit bumps..

Old 12-20-2008, 04:13 PM   #1
Ry1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Machinery Technician
Ry1984's Tacoma Gallery
Knocking sound when I hit bumps..

This post is gonna be pretty broad because its hard for me to describe whats going on. When I run over speed humps I hear a knocking sound coming from where I think is the front left tire area. I kinda sounds like something is possibly broken or loose. I can also feel it in my steering wheel. I lifted her up today and looked around and I didnt see anything broken or leaking. I also grabbed the tire to see if there was any play, and nothing. Took it offroading earlier today and it was pretty bad, but nothing seems to be affected by it. Can anyone give any insight on what this could possibly be?
Old 12-20-2008, 04:47 PM   #2
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Jamming the rigid mud flap on the speed bump?
Old 12-20-2008, 05:04 PM   #3
praetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nice

Marines: 0333-Accuracy by Volume
praetor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNYTACOMA View Post
Jamming the rigid mud flap on the speed bump?
+1. This would be my guess. I hear it all the time, I will cut them soon though.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:04 PM   #4
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking either a bad/blown shock or loose steering rack since you can feel it in your steering wheel. Do you know if your steering rack bushings have been replaced yet? If not, I think you're do for a change. Get some replacement poly ones for sure, you'll feel the difference like night and day.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:57 PM   #5
Ry1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Machinery Technician
Ry1984's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
I'm thinking either a bad/blown shock or loose steering rack since you can feel it in your steering wheel. Do you know if your steering rack bushings have been replaced yet? If not, I think you're do for a change. Get some replacement poly ones for sure, you'll feel the difference like night and day.
Gonna try this out first. Don't know if they have been replaced, bought it used 6 months ago, but doubt they have. Are these easy to replace?
Old 12-20-2008, 06:10 PM   #6
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
It should be not too difficult:

http://parksoffroad.com/tacomamods/k...ckbushings.htm
http://www.chaosfab.com/pdf/96701.pdf

Make sure you have a big fu*king breaker bar too.