1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

P0100???

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by RafyTRD, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Apr 25, 2012 at 8:48 PM
    RafyTRD

RafyTRD [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma ext cab 4cyl
    Lowered, costum front grill, sealed tailgate,clear tailights.
    I bought a 96 tacoma 2wd 2.4 two weeks ago, and I took it to emissions and it failed. Code P0100, it seems like the MAF sensor might be bad. How can I tell? I really dont want to spend $300 and then for it to be something else. It only has 73,000 miles, which I feel that is low miles for that year. Could anyone give me some advise? Is it common for the MAF sensor to go bad on tacomas? :confused:

2. Apr 25, 2012 at 8:54 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    well if you swap it out and its still the problem return the new MAF as a faulty unit, if its fixes it then keep it.

Might just spray some electrical cleaner on it to clean it up first and see if that works at all. Check the wires as well and follow them back to make sure a wire did not get grounded anywhere along the lines.

3. Apr 26, 2012 at 10:07 PM
    tan4x4

tan4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Folsom, CA
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma EC 4x4 2.7L Auto
    Bilsteins, OME 881's, 3-leaf AAL, Detroit TruTrac, Tundra brake swap, Michelin LTX AT2, Tranny skidplate, TC skidplate, CBI rear bumper, TG sliders, UltraGauge, PowerTank, Reverse Camera
    Make sure the harness connection to the MAF is not loose.

Before trying a new MAF, get one from a wreckers. save a lot of money.
    Some may guarantee their parts. Our local picknpull allows us to
    exchange any part within 30 days, if it doesn't work out. No money back, though

4. Apr 29, 2012 at 7:50 AM
    RafyTRD

RafyTRD [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma ext cab 4cyl
    Lowered, costum front grill, sealed tailgate,clear tailights.
    Thanx for the advise, I really appreciate it. I was going to buy a new one, and return it if it didnt work, but Im a little short on cash, lol. I am planning on going to the junkyard and give it a shot next week. I have to fix this cause it iddles super high when its in park and its driving me nuts. Thanks again.

Products Discussed in

To Top