1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2000 2.4 automatic transmission not fully engaging

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by wackyzacky, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Apr 28, 2012 at 1:52 PM
    wackyzacky

wackyzacky [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2000 single cab 2.4 stepside
    hey dudes last night on my way home my friends were blasting the stereo so i couldnt hear my truck as i was the DD so it felt a little funny but i think that alot while having loud music
    a few miles down the road i notice a small amount of smoke in my rear view mirror and hit the gas inbetween songs, i was in drive and it just reved and very slowly taking off my rpm was very high
    so i push through to my friends house reving super high while going about 25-30
    when i go to park reverse doesnt work at all and i get hit with that burning clutch smell
    to my knowlege the fluid has never been changed and the brake check light has been on for the last 6 months with no noticable problems
    i did notice the day prior and that day my car did seem a tiny bit sluggish but i just tacked that onto me being 2000 mi. over my usual oil change
    can someone please help me figure out where to start looking for problems

2. Apr 28, 2012 at 2:52 PM
    LDurchy

LDurchy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cedar Falls, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    I'm guessing that somehow, you lost transmission fluid. Could be something hit the transmission cooler or line and you lost fluid.

Products Discussed in

To Top