LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Raw gas smell

Old 05-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #1
LDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LDurchy's Tacoma Gallery
Raw gas smell

Two times a month I drive for Meals On Wheels. While waiting for my door-runner to deliver meals I patiently wait with engine idling. During that idle at times, I smell raw gas. However, when I pull away I don't see a drop of anything wet on the ground. When I park back in my garage there isn't a hint of any gas smell. I have about 118,000 mi. on the clock and otherwise, the truck runs like a Toyota! Last tank I calculated 25+ mpg but that included a cpl of trips to visit a friend 20 mi away just off a 4 lane with no extra stops. No smell on highway driving. Ideas??