LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Oil Plug Gasket

Old 05-10-2012, 06:59 AM   #1
The Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud of
The Shape's Tacoma Gallery
Oil Plug Gasket

Where can I order the right oil plug gasket online?? Mine was looking pretty poor last time I changed the oil and would like to replace it on the next change.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:16 AM   #2
boshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tony
boshak's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a local dealership? It's going to cost you more for shipping than the crush washer itself.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:27 AM   #3
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boshak View Post
Do you have a local dealership? It's going to cost you more for shipping than the crush washer itself.
x2
I think they are like .10
If you buy online multiple filters (10 pk) ask for the crush washers.
That would make it worth it.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #4
The Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud of
Where do you recommend ordering the filters from , that is something else I was thinking of getting were Yota filters. I can get the crush washers also when I order and be set for a while.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I got my filters off of ebay cause they sell them in packs and I got my gaskets from trdparts4u.com
Old 05-11-2012, 04:29 AM   #6
ecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ecoterragaia's Tacoma Gallery
Every other time I buy a new OEM filter, a new plug gasket is automatically included in the box.

If you buy your filters at the dealer you could probably ask for a new gasket and they'd throw it in at no extra charge.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:40 PM   #7
DGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Friend
DGXR's Tacoma Gallery
I've never changed an oil drain plug gasket/washer my whole life. Sure it's supposed to be changed either every time or periodically, but mine have never leaked -- not once, on any of my vehicles, ever -- so I never saw it as a problem that needed to be addressed. Yes I am aware there is a torque spec for the drain plug and that's why the gasket/washer is supposed to be replaced.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:25 AM   #8
I have never changed one either. A big chunk tore out of this one on my last oil change however. I wonder if they make the magnetic oil plugs in the right size for our trucks. I bought those for my old fox mustang which has two oil plugs, they have a hard plastic gasket on them and lasted forever.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #9
george3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
george3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGXR View Post
I've never changed an oil drain plug gasket/washer my whole life. Sure it's supposed to be changed either every time or periodically, but mine have never leaked -- not once, on any of my vehicles, ever -- so I never saw it as a problem that needed to be addressed. Yes I am aware there is a torque spec for the drain plug and that's why the gasket/washer is supposed to be replaced.
X2
Old 06-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #10
Tylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud of
Name: Tyler
Tylerm5000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
I have never changed one either. A big chunk tore out of this one on my last oil change however. I wonder if they make the magnetic oil plugs in the right size for our trucks. I bought those for my old fox mustang which has two oil plugs, they have a hard plastic gasket on them and lasted forever.
Yes they do. Some parts stores carry them. There are a ton of them on the internet. I rarely change my silicone washers. They last for awhile. The magnetic plugs always help capture some extra filings. They are great!