Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

engine power.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:35 AM   #21
jbandt is on a distinguished road
jbandt's Tacoma Gallery
Great responses guys. I know the weight thing can be an issue that's why i want the RC so that i minimize weight. Definitely want the manual for better responsiveness.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #22
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
I never have trouble passing on the highway. In fact I never even downshift to pass on the highway...5th gear at 65+ has plenty of power available. I also use the truck to haul quite frequently and have no regrets. Just this past week I built a deck with my Dad and I hauled 1400 lbs in my 4 banger twice that week.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:45 AM   #23
ecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ecoterragaia's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFalk View Post
I never have trouble passing on the highway. In fact I never even downshift to pass on the highway...5th gear at 65+ has plenty of power available. I also use the truck to haul quite frequently and have no regrets. Just this past week I built a deck with my Dad and I hauled 1400 lbs in my 4 banger twice that week.
Agreed. I've hauled several similar sized loads (1100 lbs in the back) and have never felt like the engine or drivetrain was straining at all. In fact, other than the nose being a little higher and the ride softer, it's hard to tell that there's anything back there. The truck is more capable than you'd think with a 4 cylinder, but I'd recommend helper springs/air bags for those heavier loads.