Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Icon Suspension on Reg Cab?!

Old 05-16-2012, 12:29 AM   #1
12TacoMan is on a distinguished road
12TacoMan's Tacoma Gallery
Icon Suspension on Reg Cab?!

Just picked up an 2012 Reg Cab with the auto, 2wd nothing special.

I have already added the front leveling kit in the Ready Lift 2.5" kit and after taking a step back and looking at it. I will probably keep it how it site now. (not putting the add a leaf)

Im looking to do some minor changes to the truck but also keeping the simple, stock look.

Has any got pics or opinions on the Icon CoilOver Kit? Im not looking to PreRun the truck or anything just make it more comfortable. Occasional long road trips.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:38 AM   #2
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
For a 2wd occasional wheeler I don't think Icon is a "minor change keeping it simple".

For your use it sound like good ol 5100s would suffice. If not I would personally choose OME.

By all means if you want Icon go for it! Just seems a bit much IMO.

Good luck and welcome to TW!
Old 05-16-2012, 12:59 AM   #3
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Save your money
Old 05-16-2012, 01:21 AM   #4
Confusion
Denim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud of

Name: Erick
Denim Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Since you git the ready lift I'm guessing you have a 5-lug? If so you can get bilstein hd shocks I've read they are a bit more comfortable and you won't be spending a ton of money on something like icons. If you plan on going and speeding off road, mid travel and doing icon Would be a bit more understandable. Hope this helps
Old 05-16-2012, 04:17 AM   #5
Yep. 5 Lug Reg Cab.

I just looked more into it and Yes it would be overkill. Will the Bilstein 5100's work front and back ?
Old 05-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #7
Confusion
Denim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud of

^^ this but you can get bilstein hd shocks which fit 5-lugs.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:44 AM   #8
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't see you were 5-lug. Didn't mean to lead ya down the wrong road. GL though
Old 05-16-2012, 07:47 PM   #9
Thanks for the help Guys.

I do have a few concerns about the Bilstien HD.

Im coming out of a 1999 v6 Prerunner with the Bilstien HD package and that truck was very very unforgiving in the ride quality. Seeing how some time has passed in the means of technology. I'm a little hesitant to just jump back to a set of HD's.

Anyone out there with a 5 lugger comment on Biulstien Ride Quality???
Old 05-16-2012, 08:14 PM   #10
Confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12TacoMan View Post
Thanks for the help Guys.

I do have a few concerns about the Bilstien HD.

Im coming out of a 1999 v6 Prerunner with the Bilstien HD package and that truck was very very unforgiving in the ride quality. Seeing how some time has passed in the means of technology. I'm a little hesitant to just jump back to a set of HD's.

Anyone out there with a 5 lugger comment on Biulstien Ride Quality???
i know there is a couple of people running them here you can shoot some pm's to people and see what they think. also the 99' prerunner thing i would think it is about 13 years old lol so the shocks wouldnt m=be to great and yes you are right technology for shocks has come a very long way.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:41 AM   #11
Here is a better question.

Where can I buy Bilstien HD struts and rear shocks?
Old 05-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #12
Confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12TacoMan View Post
Here is a better question.

Where can I buy Bilstien HD struts and rear shocks?
http://www.eshocks.com/bil_Ind.asp?VC=09Q11&SubChar=Q

http://www.shockwarehouse.com/index....cted_year=2010

http://www.allshocks.com/bilstein/ht...gn=BE3-C705-H0

Here are a few places I found by just typing in "5lug hd bilstein shocks tacoma" in google