LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

leveling kit help

Old 05-17-2012, 09:07 AM   #21
TMW is a jewel in the roughTMW is a jewel in the roughTMW is a jewel in the rough
Name: Tom
TMW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by conmag View Post
Thats a great idea for figuring out what size leveling kit i want thanks i never would have thought of that lol. Just curious why is it a 1 in. spacer provides for a 2 in or so overall height difference?
The spacer (or a 5100 shock set for more height) gives you more lift because of the location of the strut assembly in relation to the control arm/wheel assembly. The strut is closer to the frame so a 1 inch rise there results in a 2 to 2.5 inch rise at the wheel. Think of a teeter-totter, at the center it moves very little compared to the end. It's all a matter of where the strut mounts to the lower control arm.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:54 PM   #22
Canes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: EAOS 83'
Canes58's Tacoma Gallery
Funny thing this site. I just got my 5100's in today and was wondering how to ask which "ring" to use to get 1.75. And here it is. Voila. Thanks guys.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:08 PM   #23
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
OP consider the fact that your truck is a 4 cylinder therefore being lighter, you might want to stay at the .85 setting. I'm wanting to do mine but have read conflicting stories on here about the 1.75 setting being nose high unless you have the rear tsb or an aal. And that is with the heavier V6. Plus pending the weight difference, it might make your's ride rougher with less weight. Maybe some with the 4 cylinders can give better input on this?
Old 05-17-2012, 09:23 PM   #24
occasional
conmag is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: ladder 13
conmag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
OP consider the fact that your truck is a 4 cylinder therefore being lighter, you might want to stay at the .85 setting. I'm wanting to do mine but have read conflicting stories on here about the 1.75 setting being nose high unless you have the rear tsb or an aal. And that is with the heavier V6. Plus pending the weight difference, it might make your's ride rougher with less weight. Maybe some with the 4 cylinders can give better input on this?
makes sense...hate to sound stupid but being new to this...what exactly is the rear tsb? also i was interested in this setup because i wanted to keep stock wheels and tires and not have to modify anything else or possibly have any negative side effects to the stock parts of the truck...that being said does the rear tsb or aal take it to another level where ill be needing UCA's or making things out of wack and damaging other parts?
Old 05-18-2012, 03:11 AM   #25
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rear tsb (technical service bulletin) is basically the same thing as an aal (add a leaf) which lifts the rear and strengthens the rear leaf springs. It's a common problem on these trucks with the stock leaf being weak. Toyota may or may not perform the tsb for you, not sure if it's available on the 12's yet. Not sure just how much it lifts the rear, maybe a half inch or so after it settles. Search rear leaf tsb on here and you will learn all about it. But for my truck being a V6 DC it's my understanding that with the rear leaf tsb and 5100's set at 1.75 mine would be level, (I know some on here have this set up) but w/o the tsb I would want to stay at the .85 setting. But I did the floor jack trick in my garage and it looked to be level at about 1 3/4 inches of lift so I'm trying to figure out which setting I want before/if I get the 5100's.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:34 AM   #26
Canes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canes58's Tacoma Gallery
After reading about the weight issue with the four cyl me thinks the .85 will be the way to go. I'll keep you posted.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:12 AM   #27
Rmesa1 is just really niceRmesa1 is just really niceRmesa1 is just really niceRmesa1 is just really nice
Rmesa1's Tacoma Gallery
No tsb for 2012 my v6 dcsb came with the updated leafs from the factory
Old 05-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes58 View Post
After reading about the weight issue with the four cyl me thinks the .85 will be the way to go. I'll keep you posted.
I'm not sure how much weight difference there is but was a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmesa1 View Post
No tsb for 2012 my v6 dcsb came with the updated leafs from the factory
I thought it was only the Canadian trucks that came with the 4 leaf?
Old 05-18-2012, 01:53 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
US 2012 trd sports have a 4 leaf..........offroad has 3 still
So is that the same as the TSB? Just wondering if they sit even higher in the rear?
Old 05-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #30
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes58 View Post
Regular cab here and I am at .85 which is just shy of level (sig pic is before 5100s though).
Old 05-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #31
occasional
conmag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
US 2012 trd sports have a 4 leaf..........offroad has 3 still
yea mine is the basic 4 banger access cab 5 speed 4x4...only 3 leafs on mine...starting to feel like the best course of action is the 5100 up front and the add a leaf in the rear, only thing i have read on here is that some people have had issues with the toyo tech AAL...and to go with the wheelers 3 leaf pack? any input on that?
Old 05-18-2012, 06:28 PM   #32
occasional
conmag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Rear tsb (technical service bulletin) is basically the same thing as an aal (add a leaf) which lifts the rear and strengthens the rear leaf springs. It's a common problem on these trucks with the stock leaf being weak. Toyota may or may not perform the tsb for you, not sure if it's available on the 12's yet.
so the TSB is something the dealership does kinda like a recall? or you have to go ask for it?
Old 05-18-2012, 06:35 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by conmag View Post
so the TSB is something the dealership does kinda like a recall? or you have to go ask for it?
You have to go in and complain about your truck riding rough while loaded basically, then they may or may not approve it. Some have gotten it done easily and some had no luck from what I've read. Spend some time searching on here about it and you will find out. It will stiffen up the ride though.

I want to have mine done partially for the lift but also for the sagging while loaded. I've had mine almost on the bump stops a few times with very little weight and it bothers me.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:45 PM   #34
occasional
conmag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You have to go in and complain about your truck riding rough while loaded basically, then they may or may not approve it. Some have gotten it done easily and some had no luck from what I've read. Spend some time searching on here about it and you will find out. It will stiffen up the ride though.

I want to have mine done partially for the lift but also for the sagging while loaded. I've had mine almost on the bump stops a few times with very little weight and it bothers me.
thanks for the info...my buddy is the one of the F and I guys at the dealership i bought it from so ill see if i can squeeze a favor out of him...it amazing how helpful people are on here and how much info and research you can get done with little effort its great haha
Old 05-19-2012, 04:47 AM   #35
alexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
alexander323bc's Tacoma Gallery
I had the TSB done on my 4cylinder last month. Back is now sitting exactly 3 inches higher than the front. I measured from the inside of the fender to the wheel cap and ground. Both measurements gave me a 3 inch difference. ( wheel wheel to the center cap of the tire and from ground to the inside of the fender). I do have a hard cover on the back on the truck. I Just ordered the 5100's now debating the 1.75 or .85 setting. If the ride is going to be worse than stock at 1.75 i might just set them at .85
Old 05-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #36
occasional
conmag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander323bc View Post
I had the TSB done on my 4cylinder last month. Back is now sitting exactly 3 inches higher than the front. I measured from the inside of the fender to the wheel cap and ground. Both measurements gave me a 3 inch difference. ( wheel wheel to the center cap of the tire and from ground to the inside of the fender). I do have a hard cover on the back on the truck. I Just ordered the 5100's now debating the 1.75 or .85 setting. If the ride is going to be worse than stock at 1.75 i might just set them at .85
where in buffalo do you live i live in south buffalo...also what year is your truck id be very interested to see before and after u do the 5100...which dealership did u go to? i go to basil toyota in lockport
Old 05-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #37
occasional
conmag's Tacoma Gallery
i have read on here that some people have had issues with the toyo tech AAL...and to go with the wheelers 3 or 4 leaf pack? any input on that?
Old 05-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #38
silverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
silverback's Tacoma Gallery
Ive got the 5100's all 4 corners. Set at 1.75 in the front. Perfectly matches the back end height. I have not noticed any ride difference since they have been installed. Ill have to get a few pics up because the one my profile is stock.

I was also able to stuff 255/75/17 with Fj cruiser wheels. looks good I think.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #39

Canes58's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought FJ wheels, was wondering about the 15mm spacing. Will this set my tires out more or in?
Old 05-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #40
occasional
conmag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback View Post
Ive got the 5100's all 4 corners. Set at 1.75 in the front. Perfectly matches the back end height. I have not noticed any ride difference since they have been installed. Ill have to get a few pics up because the one my profile is stock.

I was also able to stuff 255/75/17 with Fj cruiser wheels. looks good I think.
yea def post a few pics when u get a chance

Products Discussed in this Thread