1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2012 SEATS CHEAP?

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by RACINGMEMO, May 17, 2012.

1. Sep 26, 2012 at 7:35 AM
    wolfgang

wolfgang Active Member

Member:
    south USA
    Vehicle:
    12 4 door prerunner
    Air Intake system
    I have the same problem on my 2012 at 25000 miles, my 2006 at 204000:( miles never showed any wear. Not a good sign! Going to the dealer for answers. Also the "ENTUNE" Nav. system stinks, hard to program either manually or with voice input, way too much money for this kind of result. I would not reccomend it for the price.

2. Oct 31, 2012 at 6:29 PM
    cosgrc

cosgrc Well-Known Member

Member:
    Madison, AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    OME Lift, 887, Dakars
    I have about 9,700 miles on my 2012 and the driver seat appears to be doing something similar. Going up to the dealer on Saturday; will see what they say.

3. Nov 1, 2012 at 12:42 PM
    Corvus

Corvus As the crow flies

Member:
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    '12 2.7 5sp 4x4
    That kind of wear just HAS to be from scootching around a lot or wearing something to pull on the fabric ie: velcro. No way just sitting on it stationary has that kind of effect.

Would be interested in what you hear back from the dealer though. I'd hate for my seats to look like crap over the next couple months if I can do something to prevent it now. Especially since I have a manual and tend to move my left leg a bunch :p

4. Nov 2, 2012 at 6:33 AM
    wolfgang

wolfgang Active Member

Member:
    south USA
    Vehicle:
    12 4 door prerunner
    Air Intake system
    I have the same problem, I wear jeans all the time, getting in and out of the truck requires sliding in/out. Dealer says its normal, I say bullshit. looking like that at 20,000 + miles, my 2006 didn't look like that at 130,000 miles, the quality is going down on Tacomas.

5. Nov 2, 2012 at 7:01 AM
    CVYota

CVYota Damaged goods

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Crescenta Valley
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB V6 4WD
    Extended front 2.5 Icons. LR UCAs, Dakar Leaf Springs, rear King Smooth 2.5 w/res , Softopper, 285/75-16 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with kevlar,16x8 SCS wheels 4.5 bs, Brute Force Rear bumper, 4x4 switch led, Diff Breather mod, weathertechs, Pelfrybilt front bumper, IFS and mid skids, B.A.M.F rear diff armor, LCA armor, Light bar mount and Sliders, Homer grill, Andres Devil horns, LED light bar, gauge pod with dual battery gauge and ecometer. Dual battery.
    Don't think the dealership will do much for you, this is wear and it isnt looking like a defective product. I am no fan of these seats BTW. Invest in a nice aftermarket cover like Katzkin. The material will hold up much better than the fabric.

6. Nov 24, 2012 at 1:57 PM
    TacoVerde

TacoVerde Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    URD short shifter, OBX racing pedals and titanium/carbon fiber shift knob, Rear speaker mod, Taco bed mat, Bed extender, taco door sill protectors, Black TRD floormats, AFE stage 2 CAI, Doug Thorley Header and Catback, Glassworks Unlimited front fenders/bedsides, Engage front LT kit,2.5x8 King co's with resi's, dj straps
    I have almost 50k on my seats and have had the spring fall off and the little wire support thing under the seat break. I've also had alot of seat time where i'm not driving in them and my seat fabric still looks fine other than being dirtier. They must be using cheaper fabric or you have some abrasive pants.

7. Dec 6, 2012 at 2:07 PM
    altitan

altitan Member

Member:
    Blountsville AL
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner SR5
    Tacos seats suck, floorboard under the driver seat of mine is full of little pieces of foam, cover is loose in some places where the foam is absolutly falling apart

Products Discussed in

To Top