Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

2012 SEATS CHEAP?

Old 05-17-2012, 12:53 PM   #1
RACINGMEMO is on a distinguished road
Name: GUILLERMO
RACINGMEMO's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation 2012 SEATS CHEAP?

I purchase my truck about 2 months ago and i already have 17,000 mile on it, my seat is starting to look like crap. i attached a picture but i don't know if you guys are going to see it let me know and i'll to post it another way.

this is a heads up for people that drive a lot, i'm a heavy guy but i don't think this should be happening, i hope toyota replace the seat if not i'm going to use a seat cover to prevent further damage. i'm going to use a seat cover if they replace it to.

i added a closer picture for more detail

Do you guys think this should happen at 17000 miles?
Attached Thumbnails
2012 SEATS CHEAP?-img00064-20120517-1244.jpg   2012 SEATS CHEAP?-img00065-20120517-1304.jpg  
Old 05-17-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
D.ont I.nsult C.razy K.illers
KevbekTacoma is a jewel in the roughKevbekTacoma is a jewel in the roughKevbekTacoma is a jewel in the roughKevbekTacoma is a jewel in the rough

Name: Kev
KevbekTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like u pissed ur pants to me.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
blkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
blkbelt42's Tacoma Gallery
No idea about the seat but holy crap at almost 9k miles per month!!
Old 05-17-2012, 01:00 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevbekTacoma View Post
Looks like u pissed ur pants to me.
yeah on the side, come on, try something smarter
Old 05-17-2012, 01:02 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkbelt42 View Post
No idea about the seat but holy crap at almost 9k miles per month!!
i drive a lot, but hopefully with this everyone can pay attention to their seats and ad a seat cover before starts to look bad
Old 05-17-2012, 01:09 PM   #6
blkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
blkbelt42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACINGMEMO View Post
i drive a lot, but hopefully with this everyone can pay attention to their seats and ad a seat cover before starts to look bad
I hear ya man, I keep looking for something cheap, I'd hate to see
the ONE seat all worn out and everything else looking new. Need to
just get something and throw it on for now.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:58 PM   #7
tlh178 is on a distinguished road
Name: terry
tlh178's Tacoma Gallery
when i brought my 2012, i purchased what was called the michigan package, suppose to cover any damage to seats or anything on the inside. not sure if i got scamed or not.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:40 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlh178 View Post
when i brought my 2012, i purchased what was called the michigan package, suppose to cover any damage to seats or anything on the inside. not sure if i got scamed or not.
I was offered a interior warranty but it covers only accidental stains, i'm pretty sure they are going to call mine a normal wear and tear, but at 17000 miles they are crazy, if i was you i would get my money back and purchase the scocht guard from walmart and apply it to your seats. my brother had that warranty and his seat became unstiched next to the door and they said it was normal wear and tear.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:20 AM   #9
RTaco is on a distinguished road
RTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I was offered a interior warranty but it covers only accidental stains, i'm pretty sure they are going to call mine a normal wear and tear, but at 17000 miles they are crazy, if i was you i would get my money back and purchase the scocht guard from walmart and apply it to your seats. my brother had that warranty and his seat became unstiched next to the door and they said it was normal wear and tear.
The normal wear on a seat is not related to lileage at all. You can sit in your car for hours without even starting it.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTaco View Post
The normal wear on a seat is not related to lileage at all. You can sit in your car for hours without even starting it.
i normally sit on my truck to drive, that's why i relate it to the miles, my f150 has 180,000 miles and a lot of hours sitting at the border and did not have this king of damage,
Old 05-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #11
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Take it back, while they're looking at your noise issue, they can check out the seats while they're at it. Sounds like you're having all sorts of fun with your new truck... Sucks man, hopefully they take care of you. If the local dealership isn't helping, try calling Toyota Customer Service.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:49 AM   #12
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
you have an excuse to buy some wet okoles now!!
Old 09-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #13
jclofton is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
jclofton's Tacoma Gallery
Any updates? I have 29k miles on my 2012 TRD in a little less than a year and have a similar problem on the drivers seat.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #14
I had the appointment with the Toyota rep but she was late and the service advisor took a picture and showed it to her, i was told she didn't say no but she wants to see me at the dealer i normally do all the services to my truck, i think she wants to play it as a customer relations favor and not as warranty. I'll post as soon i see the rep. Can you upload a picture?
Old 09-05-2012, 03:04 AM   #15
jclofton is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
jclofton's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, will get a picture and upload.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:43 AM   #16
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
OP, weird question, but do you carry a firearm or any other type of utility pouch on that side of your waist? Cellphone pouch, flashlight, knife, etc? Or do you have any Velcro on your pants?

When going to and from work, the handle of my gun butts up against the seat back, and the front of the holster runs that exact spot on the seat really bad. It has caused some slight wear for me there too, but only cause my holster. To me, the way the material frayed and got fluffy like that is consistent with that of Velcro rubbing fabric. That is the typical result. Exactly the way my uniform shirts get when the rub against the Velcro on my bullet proof vest. I know this might be way out there, but its exactly what it looks like to me
Old 09-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #17
n00b waffle
mutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mutilatedjak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProForce View Post
OP, weird question, but do you carry a firearm or any other type of utility pouch on that side of your waist? Cellphone pouch, flashlight, knife, etc? Or do you have any Velcro on your pants?

When going to and from work, the handle of my gun butts up against the seat back, and the front of the holster runs that exact spot on the seat really bad. It has caused some slight wear for me there too, but only cause my holster. To me, the way the material frayed and got fluffy like that is consistent with that of Velcro rubbing fabric. That is the typical result. Exactly the way my uniform shirts get when the rub against the Velcro on my bullet proof vest. I know this might be way out there, but its exactly what it looks like to me

exactly!

I frequently wear board shorts, and the pocket is on the right, the shorts have velcro to close the pocket, plus I carry my knife in that pocket, so the velcro sticks out and rubs on the seat.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #18
litegide24 is a jewel in the roughlitegide24 is a jewel in the roughlitegide24 is a jewel in the rough
litegide24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I purchase my truck about 2 months ago and i already have 17,000 mile on it, my seat is starting to look like crap.

Do you guys think this should happen at 17000 miles?
I have about 21k on my 2011, the seats look good. However, the driver door arm rest was cracked (under the upholstery) and the dealer replaced the door panel with no issues under warranty...
Old 09-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #19
Shaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Shaun
Shaunsquatch's Tacoma Gallery
I'm curious how this was dealt with. My 2012 has less than 5k on it and my seats are doing the exact same thing.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #20
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Are these the SR-5 seats? My 2007 with 52 k seats looked new, my 2011 TRD seats now with 11 k still look new. My Wife has a new 2012 CR-V, she has only 1800 miles on them. The seats look like they have A 100 K on them.