Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

auto vs manual

Old 05-18-2012, 09:02 AM   #22
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't dhk have a 4 banger from Ontario ?
Old 05-18-2012, 09:03 AM   #23
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Didn't dhk have a 4 banger from Ontario ?
Yup.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:10 AM   #25
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
It's like trying to go back to a job you were fired from.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:13 AM   #26
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
As far as I know the 4 bangers only come with 4.10s. The tranny ratios are different. Any info on this "new" ratio?
He is correct. The 5 luggers have 2 different rear diff gears, depending on tranny. THe 6 lugs get 4.10's for the 2.7, and 3.73's for the 6.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #27
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
He is correct. The 5 luggers have 2 different rear diff gears, depending on tranny. THe 6 lugs get 4.10's for the 2.7, and 3.73's for the 6.
Well I learned something new today. Should I send him an ecookie, a gold star or both?
Old 05-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #28
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well I learned something new today. Should I send him an ecookie, a gold star or both?
You should knock off the attitude if someones info differes from yours.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #29
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
You should knock off the attitude if someones info differes from yours.
Where's the attitude? I said as far as I know they had 4.10s then I asked for info on the other ratios. The other derp was just a response to his derp.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:31 AM   #30
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Where's the attitude? I said as far as I know they had 4.10s then I asked for info on the other ratios. The other derp was just a response to his derp.
This is not the first time your attitude has been commented on in public...In fact-I'm pretty sure you were making jokes about the last time you got warned just a couple posts ago.

This is the last kid gloves warning- Next time you are gone for good.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #31
Banned
knucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeff
knucklehead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I felt that your responses were unreasonably condescending. I'm sorry if the pictures offended you, I was hoping that you would take them humorously, as they were intended.

I really don't want a conflict with you, it is clear that you have a significant presence here with all your posts. I would be happy to forget this thread if you would try to be a little more careful about writing responses and thinking about how they will be received. I will as well.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #32
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
Where is the popcorn man?

OP, I'm quite pleased with my MT. I won't win any (and I do mean ANY) races, but it is sufficient for tooling around town. I am a bit dissapointed in HWY MPG because the tach is wound pretty high at 65+MPH, but I suspect that would be the case with an AT as well...
Old 05-18-2012, 09:57 AM   #33
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Old 05-18-2012, 02:20 PM   #34
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-19-2012, 08:39 AM   #35
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #36
Because fuck you that's why...
Trigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
is he perma banned or temp?
Old 05-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #37
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
4 day timeout
Yep , just for the long weekend
Old 05-20-2012, 05:25 PM   #38
ModernPopeye is on a distinguished road

Navy:
ModernPopeye's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
4 day timeout
The more and more I read on here looking for info, I find myslef having to scan through his attitude and smartass remarks more so than the topic material. Not to hi-jack your thread or start a whole nother spew of critcism but all that gets old quickly. Off my soap box now....
Old 05-20-2012, 06:05 PM   #39
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernPopeye View Post
The more and more I read on here looking for info, I find myslef having to scan through his attitude and smartass remarks more so than the topic material. Not to hi-jack your thread or start a whole nother spew of critcism but all that gets old quickly. Off my soap box now....
very true. Hard to stay clear sometimes
Old 05-20-2012, 07:07 PM   #40
1moonshine2 is a name known to all1moonshine2 is a name known to all1moonshine2 is a name known to all1moonshine2 is a name known to all1moonshine2 is a name known to all1moonshine2 is a name known to all
1moonshine2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcheese1 View Post
so i know there is all of this talk about how the auto i4 2nd gen is more sluggish than the manual but does anybody have anything to back this up? 0-60 times or even a video accelerating from standstill. i just had a friend with a prerunner i4 manual say that my 4x4 access cab auto seemed faster...
I can't say about other models, the weight and gearing would also make a difference. However, I tried both an auto, and a manual in a 4x4 regular cab 2.7L 4cyl. Both had the same size tires (245-75-16) and the same 4.11 axle ratios. The only difference was the 5sp manual (R155F) and the 4spd auto (A340F). The auto felt sluggish to me, like it was soaking up power. I like the manual much better, so that's what I went with, and don't regret decision one bit at this point. I have averaged 25 mpg year around with all types of driving, and driving conditions.

I don't know what your use for this truck would actually be, or what configuration you're looking at. If you will be doing mostly city driving, or if you aren't experienced driving a manual, you may want to go with the auto regardless of other factors. Also, if you have other family members who may not be good with, or like a manual, who will be driving this truck, then that may be another reason to go with the auto.

I didn't have any of those concerns. I knew I was only interested in the reg cab 4x4 4cyl. I'm single, and nobody else drives my vehicles, so only my preference mattered. I convinced I made the right choice for me with the manual. I learned to drive on a manual, and I drove a commercial truck for 20 years, so no problem with a manual for me.