Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Potential first time Tacoma owner.

Old 05-20-2012, 08:52 AM   #1
Lan23 is on a distinguished road
Lan23's Tacoma Gallery
Potential first time Tacoma owner.

Hey guys, I have always liked Tacomas but don't really know too much about them .. I am going to see this one later this afternoon

http://saskatchewan.kijiji.ca/c-cars...AdIdZ373269208

I got the seller down to $5k and I was wondering, if i get it inspected and the frame and drive train check out, would this be a good buy?
Old 05-20-2012, 08:58 AM   #2
Ghost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Ghost848's Tacoma Gallery
Nice little truck, would be an awsome offroader
Old 05-23-2012, 12:51 AM   #3
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Those old Toyota Pickups are really fun and known to be very reliable. That's not actually a Tacoma technically btw. Didn't acquire that name until 95.5.

Just get as much info on the previous work as possible. With that many miles it still has plenty left in it but if the engine hasn't been rebuilt already it's going to need it eventually. Other than engine work the other big killer of those is rust. If it's relatively rust free and well maintained and regularly serviced I'd say go for it! They're amazing little trucks!
Old 05-23-2012, 09:06 AM   #4
Ghost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Ghost848's Tacoma Gallery
^I was gonna post that but I wasnt sure so figured I would put foot in mouth...
Old 05-23-2012, 07:15 PM   #5
jbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the rough
jbrenn's Tacoma Gallery
The price is not bad but why was it repainted i know its 20 years old. Did you notice they put trd logo on it. Take a magnet it check for bondo / sloppy rust repair.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #6
5100s are the same price as spacers, seriously
tacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoftw's Tacoma Gallery
i think the price is high, but trucks are really cheap in GA so idk
Old 05-23-2012, 08:20 PM   #7
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

5k is about right, repaint could mean rust, could also mean the truck is 20 years old and PO wanted fresh paint, definitely worth looking into though. I'd be more worried about rust on the frame
Old 05-24-2012, 08:56 AM   #8
ffbartlett is on a distinguished road

ffbartlett's Tacoma Gallery
nice looking truck
Old 05-24-2012, 09:10 AM   #9
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a great truck
Old 05-25-2012, 04:15 AM   #10

So are you going to get it!? If you do and have questions about modifications let us know