Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Front and rear Bumpers on 4cyl

Old 05-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
jdebo is on a distinguished road
jdebo's Tacoma Gallery
Front and rear Bumpers on 4cyl

Any of u 4cyl guys install front and rear bumpers? Im thinking of brute force hybrid front 85lbs and standard rear. I need u guys thoughts.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:46 AM   #2
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
If you're watching weight find a vendor that works with Aluminum. Relentless Fab is another option. You can PM Billy at Bruteforce about options too he's usually very helpful with people wanting something customized a bit
Old 05-23-2012, 12:51 AM   #3
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
You'll be fine, it's not the bumpers that will kill your MPG its the tires.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:53 AM   #4
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
So adding a hundred lbs or so, and changing the aerodynamics play no effect on mpg? I found with my bumpers, if I have a more aggressive driving habit, it effects my mpg if I was to be aggressive without the bumpers.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:02 AM   #5
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensystemsgo View Post
So adding a hundred lbs or so, and changing the aerodynamics play no effect on mpg? I found with my bumpers, if I have a more aggressive driving habit, it effects my mpg if I was to be aggressive without the bumpers.
a bumper weighs about as much as a passenger.... as for aerodynamics you'll lose some of your top end speed. 80mph will be a dream unless you have a tail wind. With my 33's, bumper, winch, and roof rack I'm getting 17 mpg, with my 32's I'm getting 21mpg.

Unsprung weight rotating mass will have the greater influence on mpg.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:05 AM   #6
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
I think he was speaking in relativity. Relative to a tire with great weight, rolling resistance, size etc a hundred lbs in bumpers will affect you less. You'd be surprised how much aggressive tread pattern alone can affect rolling resistance/mpg, let alone weight/size
Old 05-23-2012, 01:11 AM   #7
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
I went from 31"street tires, no front bumper, and stock rear at 18mpg avg on a full tank, to 32"bfg ats d class, and elite bumpers front and rear, and get 15ish, high 14s.

Admitingly yes the tires make a difference. But the bumpers make it feel a hair sluggish now, more then just tires.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:03 AM   #8
jdebo is on a distinguished road
jdebo's Tacoma Gallery
I ended up contacting Billy. Went with his hybrid front and standard rear. 80 lbs for the front and 90lbs for the rear. I don't mind taking a small hit on mpg but just don't wanna be back in the 14-15 range again. In not going crazy on the tires this time either so I should be good! Planning to lift about 2 inches and go with 265/75's. Gonna add wheel spacers to widen my stance a little. I get offroad but nothing extreme. Mostly tight muddy trails to the fishing holes.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #9
Longo118 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Engine man
Longo118's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdebo View Post
I ended up contacting Billy. Went with his hybrid front and standard rear. 80 lbs for the front and 90lbs for the rear. I don't mind taking a small hit on mpg but just don't wanna be back in the 14-15 range again. In not going crazy on the tires this time either so I should be good! Planning to lift about 2 inches and go with 265/75's. Gonna add wheel spacers to widen my stance a little. I get offroad but nothing extreme. Mostly tight muddy trails to the fishing holes.
Any update on this? hows the MPGs and power loss after the bumpers, lift and tires?
Old 02-25-2013, 08:58 PM   #10
Gus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
Curious on more people's opinions.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #11
bzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the rough
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
i noticed no change in mpg when in put a hybrid front and sliders on my reg cab. added a leer 180 and still no difference, but my new dick cepek tires might drop it down 1mpg
Old 02-26-2013, 05:26 PM   #12
Gus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzr2 View Post
i noticed no change in mpg when in put a hybrid front and sliders on my reg cab. added a leer 180 and still no difference, but my new dick cepek tires might drop it down 1mpg
Good to know. Crazy how big metal bumpers don't change much but tires do.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:18 PM   #13
bzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the rough
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
i expected a difference and i added the weight and there must be a slight decrease but not enough that i notice it when occasionally checking mileage.