1. Wanted to add cruise control.
2. Read the forum threads here and Toyota Nation
3. Bought OEM stalk, connecting wire, and side cover.
4. Installed all.
5. No Joy.
6. My truck is a "non-prewired Tacoma" for cruise control.
7. More research and found a company called Rostra.
8. They sell a complete kit for "non-prewired Tacomas".
9. I don't need a whole kit.
10. Ah ha...Rostra sells a prefab wiring kit for non-prewired Tacomas.
11. Had to go through a distributor to order: Brandon Distributing
12. Costs about $12.00 and has the wires for Cruise panel light, cruise switch, ground wire and another wire if you have manual tranny. Some cusioning material and some wire ties.
13. Downside...shipping was like $15.00
14. Wires have the correct clockspring terminals done very nicely.
15. Instructions are on Rostra website as a PDF file.
16. Downside...much of the trim covers on the instrument panel must be removed. Do a search on installing OEM fog lights for some nice pictures on how to remove most panels. They actually came off pretty easy. Just don't force anything or break a clasp.
17. Followed the Rostra/TN/TW instructional information.
18. Ops check good.
19. Mission accomplished.
20. Cruise is now my latest mod.
A big thanks to Tacoma World, Tacoma Nation, the people at Rostra and Brandon.