Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Cat rattle and efficiency codes at 30k

Old 05-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
Robertr6 is on a distinguished road
Name: Bob
Robertr6's Tacoma Gallery
Cat rattle and efficiency codes at 30k

I was wondering if any one else was having an issue with cat rattle and codes for catalyst efficiency, my truck is stick and I do drive it hard. But no towing/ hauling besides my dirtbike in the bed, this is my second 2010 Tacoma, first was a 2wd this one 4wd. My first truck had cat rattle but no cel when I traded it in. The new truck was bought new (leftover). And I have the same cat rattle and cel at 30k miles.... The exh pipe from manifold and past rear cat is blueing. I'm wondering if it's me or is it a common problem, I also suspect what our government considers acceptable fuel... I am a Mercedes Benz master tech of 8 years, I thought we had cat problems but never this early.. Im puzzled.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #2
DGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Friend
DGXR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SoufJerz View Post
the service writers there are total scumbags
Do tell!