Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Towing a m100 or m416 with a 4cyl?

Old 06-03-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
Owl is on a distinguished road
Name: Eric
Owl's Tacoma Gallery
Towing a m100 or m416 with a 4cyl?

I'd like to pick up one of these trailers for camping. Anyone have any experience towing one with a 4cyl?
Old 06-04-2012, 06:11 AM   #3
Banned
knucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeff
knucklehead's Tacoma Gallery
How much do these trailers weigh? Empty or full of cargo? What is the projected weight of the cargo? Where will you be towing it?
Old 06-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #4
Owl's Tacoma Gallery
The m100 weighs about 560# and has a 1/4 ton capacity. The m416 weighs 610# and is a 3/4 ton capacity. I believe.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Is there a reason you're looking at military trailers vs. a conventional trailer? I'm assuming you want something off road worthy but if that's not the case, I'd get a conventional trailer. They're much lighter, have higher capacities and tow easier with a small truck.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #6
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
I dont know if the 416 dumps or not, but the m101 series does. Why I want one over a pos conventional. Also much cheaper
Old 06-04-2012, 11:50 AM   #7
Banned
knucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl View Post
The m100 weighs about 560# and has a 1/4 ton capacity. The m416 weighs 610# and is a 3/4 ton capacity. I believe.
Ok then... 3/4 ton is 1500 pounds. Your truck's towing capacity is 3500. To top it off, you have a manual transmission. This is an easy haul, you wont even feel it.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #8
Banned
Just looked them up... BOTH are 1/4 ton.
M-101 is a 3/4 ton and weighs 1340 pounds. M101A3 is a 1-ton.

ALL of these are within Tacoma's hauling capacity, fully loaded.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #9
Owl's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info, Knucklehead.