Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

How did I do on this '07 purchase?

Old 06-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #1
Mark16q is on a distinguished road
Mark16q's Tacoma Gallery
How did I do on this '07 purchase?

Hello TW, new member having just picked up my Tacoma yesterday. Was shopping/researching craigslist, autotrader, etc for many weeks and when I saw this one, felt it was a good deal so jumped on it. Was having a hard time finding 4cyl 5mt under 100k miles in good condition, and this was the closest to what I wanted.

here are the basic specs:

2007 2wd Prerunner Access Cab
White
2.7l, 5mt
84k miles
Fox pro race 2.0 rear piggyback shocks
Chaos front control arms and zooroad coilovers
brand new BFG TA's 265/75 x 16 KO
aftermarket p.o.s. stereo
Windows tinted way too dark, and will have to peel off the film. Couldn't see at night, and don't want to get pulled over.
Interior and exterior are 9/10. Looks like truck was a highway queen based on examination of underneath, overall condition, story from seller.
Clean carfax, normal oil changes are only thing on record, and if there was bodywork, I couldn't spot it. Looks all original.

So go easy on me here...$13.5k + tax. Here's a pic from last night. First steps will be getting stereo out to hook up aux cable, change oil (sure there's a thread here on that), see if I can quiet the squeeky clutch pedal a bit, and go find something big to buy and bring home in the bed

Mark

Old 06-04-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
litegide24 is a jewel in the roughlitegide24 is a jewel in the roughlitegide24 is a jewel in the rough
litegide24's Tacoma Gallery

I purposely read your description before reading down to the price. ...and comfortbly said $14,000 is a good number if it's a non smoker and straight, would further discount if it needs dent busters to get the dings out. Looks like you got a good deal if it scores high on autocheck (or Carfax).
Old 06-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
Mark16q's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by litegide24 View Post
I purposely read your description before reading down to the price. ...and comfortbly said $14,000 is a good number if it's a non smoker and straight, would further discount if it needs dent busters to get the dings out. Looks like you got a good deal if it scores high on autocheck (or Carfax).
don't recall the autocheck number, but it was over whatever the top scale was, maybe 90?. Carfax was good too. Non smoker or did a helluva job airing it out, and I looked under that car inch by inch and looks straight and original. Alignment felt perfect on 75 mile drive home.

thanks for the kind estimate
Old 06-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #5
Mark16q's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
OP are you happy with it? If so then yes you did fine.
Absolutely. Was just curious. Based on the weeks of research I did, for Socal I did o.k. and it's what I wanted. There are so few built up this way in my area so thought I'd get some comparisons. There were some good candidates back East for less but not worth the drive or cost of transport.

Hoping the suspension mods done are a good long-term mod, as the car is 2wd and will see little dirt. Probably just cosmetic, but does look good and for the few times it hits a dirt road won't hurt I suppose. The ride is certainly better than I expected so thinking the original owner dialed it softer.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #6
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark16q View Post
Hello TW, new member having just picked up my Tacoma yesterday. Was shopping/researching craigslist, autotrader, etc for many weeks and when I saw this one, felt it was a good deal so jumped on it. Was having a hard time finding 4cyl 5mt under 100k miles in good condition, and this was the closest to what I wanted.

here are the basic specs:

2007 2wd Prerunner Access Cab
White
2.7l, 5mt
84k miles
Fox pro race 2.0 rear piggyback shocks
Chaos front control arms and zooroad coilovers
brand new BFG TA's 265/75 x 16 KO
aftermarket p.o.s. stereo
Windows tinted way too dark, and will have to peel off the film. Couldn't see at night, and don't want to get pulled over.
Interior and exterior are 9/10. Looks like truck was a highway queen based on examination of underneath, overall condition, story from seller.
Clean carfax, normal oil changes are only thing on record, and if there was bodywork, I couldn't spot it. Looks all original.

So go easy on me here...$13.5k + tax. Here's a pic from last night. First steps will be getting stereo out to hook up aux cable, change oil (sure there's a thread here on that), see if I can quiet the squeeky clutch pedal a bit, and go find something big to buy and bring home in the bed

Mark

its a nice looking truck, im sure you bought a 2wd because you dont need the 4wd, so it works for you. i dont see too many pre runners in NH, I can actually count one hand how many i have seen. i'd say you got a good deal! first 2nd gen ive seen go for less that 17k used...
Old 06-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #7
Mark16q's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
its a nice looking truck, im sure you bought a 2wd because you dont need the 4wd, so it works for you. i dont see too many pre runners in NH, I can actually count one hand how many i have seen. i'd say you got a good deal! first 2nd gen ive seen go for less that 17k used...

Thanks...I've had a couple of 4wd trucks in the past, and found that I was no longer using it. When I had a place in the mountains it was great, but now it's mostly just hauling stuff around, going to mountain bike rides with easy roads, or errands. if it was 4wd would've been happy to have it, but so few 4x's out here it just never even came on the radar.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:45 PM   #8
JayC06 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
JayC06's Tacoma Gallery
i paid 12k for my 06 4cyl 4wd ac 2 years ago. it had 82k miles on it then. if you get the truck you want its always a good deal.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #9
JayC06 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
JayC06's Tacoma Gallery
the squeaky clutch is standard equipment they throw that in for free!
Old 06-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #10
Mark16q's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for the welcome and sharing other deals. Sounds like I was in the ballpark, and I am happy with the truck so all good.

Now I need to take some pics of the front and rear suspension and hopefully you can tell me exactly what I've got. I like the ride, but cornering roll is pretty severe. Since it will see little if any off-road work (no LSD or 4wd) flattening out the ride wouldn't be a bad thing.

Mark
Old 06-05-2012, 08:46 PM   #11
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Fox and Chaos are quality, I don't know much about those coil overs though.

Sounds like a great price to me, and you even got some extras with the suspension.

Good call on the tint coming off ha welcome!
Old 06-06-2012, 11:09 AM   #12
Mark16q's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by daquinter View Post
where should I spray wd40 to fix the squeaky clutch?
I did a quick search on this and found lots of various threads discussing. Apparently there was a TSB covering this, but we're out of warranty so doubt any love from Toyota. On mine, I seem to hear a squeek both in the cab and from underneath. So will hit the pivots of both with wd-40 to see if that's a quick fix. If yes, will then pull apart the offending area and grease up/replace bushings as needed. I had an old Miata with a squeeky clutch and a spray of chain lube on the actuator arm down on the tranny would quiet it down for months. Hoping a simple, even if temporary, fix is here too.