Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Anyone install a roll pan on their Tacoma

Old 06-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
Mr.Schertz is on a distinguished road

Mr.Schertz's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone install a roll pan on their Tacoma

Looking for some pics or info on putting a roll pan.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:14 PM   #3
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Schertz View Post
Looking for some pics or info on putting a roll pan.
You are not going to find much helpful info here of the street truck variety. No write ups of roll pans here that I can remember...go look over at customtacos.com. What exactly do you need to figure out? How to do it? What it will look like?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripcord View Post
Google image search..

now was that really necessary?

Here is a great pic i found (on google) of a guy's truck on CT with the roll pan before he welded the tail gate and smoothed it all in and made it seamless. I think roll pans look better on 1st gens, the 2nd gens have a really weird looking shaped bumper. If you do it i would say mold it to the bed sides so you dont have the lines from the gap from the bumper.

EDIT: here is a decent one i just found mid install.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post3408857
Old 06-04-2012, 09:30 PM   #4

not looking for a lowrider or street look,just looking for a clean custom look. <aybe ill just look at aftermarket bumpers.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:33 PM   #5
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
not looking for a lowrider or street look,just looking for a clean custom look. <aybe ill just look at aftermarket bumpers.
so you want a roll pan at stock height? Kind of looks odd. You don't have to have a slammed truck or a "low rider", but that's what a roll pan is, a clean street look...clean, and smooth lines and no shit sticking out any where...
Old 06-04-2012, 09:52 PM   #6

i just have the standard 2008 tacoma,no pre runner. It sits low as it is stock IMO. I think a roll pan would look good. But,Ive looked and there is not a lot of options for my year truck. Not looking to do any cutting or modding my frame. Thanks for your help and insight.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:03 PM   #7

Quote:
i just have the standard 2008 tacoma,no pre runner. It sits low as it is stock IMO. I think a roll pan would look good. But,Ive looked and there is not a lot of options for my year truck. Not looking to do any cutting or modding my frame. Thanks for your help and insight.
Haha i know you have the 5 lug. Its low as far as trucks go because its 2wd, and i guess if you threw on some bigger wheels and lo pro tires to fill in the wheel well it would look better with the roll pan, but imo they are more fitting on the dropped stance. You wouldn't have to cut the frame for a new bumper as it would just bolt in place of the old one, you dont really have to weld on or touch the body either. You can just color match the bumper. Again it just looks better if its molded to the body. Nope, you are right, not a whole lot of options at all. No prob!