Notices

Help engine knocking

Old 06-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #1
sccb7 is on a distinguished road
Army: CPL
Name: Shane
sccb7's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy Help engine knocking

My engine is knocking and I know it's coming from the head but I have no idea what's wrong
Old 06-12-2012, 10:11 PM   #2
sccb7's Tacoma Gallery
97 toyota tacoma
Old 06-13-2012, 07:23 PM   #3
LDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LDurchy's Tacoma Gallery
Perhaps blown head gasket, or cracked head.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:06 PM   #4
DGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Friend
DGXR's Tacoma Gallery
Any way you could post a sound byte or video? Anything else you can add to the description? Under what conditions does it knock, or knock the loudest?
Old 06-15-2012, 11:17 PM   #5
sccb7's Tacoma Gallery
i replace the head gasket and shaved it.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:24 PM   #6
DGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Friend
DGXR's Tacoma Gallery
Shaving the head will increase the compression ratio. Not sure exactly how much, but it certainly explains your engine knocking. Try using a higher octane fuel and see what happens.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:43 PM   #7
sccb7's Tacoma Gallery
I did and I'm lil more then full oil and for now it stopped but I'm gonna wait till it comes back. Hopefully not but it's Not that bad cause my dads a mech and has a shop... I do, do everything myself.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:39 AM   #8
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Run a fuel system cleaner to remove carbon deposits. Higher compession means you need higher octane fuel. You may have to buy a case of 104 octane boost.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:41 PM   #9
LDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LDurchy's Tacoma Gallery
In Hawaii, not much altitude. Shaved head will add to issue with higher compression. First, I would try getting rid of carbon, then if it persists, see about retarding the timing a smidge. A higher octane may be in your future.