Notices

how this look?

Old 06-22-2012, 11:12 PM   #1
ecman06 is on a distinguished road
Name: Erik
ecman06's Tacoma Gallery
how this look?

hey guys,
I am brand new here and looking for some advice.
Looking to get into my first tacoma. Ive been looking for a 2005-2008 2.7, 5 spd, access cab, 4x4 for a few months now and i came along this one. Includes a lot of mods and extras - check the listing for details.
KBB value is at 10k$.
Truck looks GREAT, but its got 165k on the clock, with new clutch last year and new rotors and pads. Should i be concerned with the 165K on this engine? Guy says it runs like a dream.

If the frame checks out to be solid, is this a fair price?
also - any one concerned with the mods? Says there is about 40k miles on the lift kit and KN and programmer. All installed by professionals

Tough part here is i am 8 hours drive away, so i cant really check it out easily.

http://dayton.craigslist.org/cto/3088891881.html

any help would be appreciated for this noob.

thanks!
erik
Old 06-24-2012, 05:57 AM   #3
DPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dylan
DPR921's Tacoma Gallery
I would recommend not buy it from him he does not seem to have a clue of what he is talking about.. There is no such thing as a trd 2nd gen 4 cylinder tacoma, Also he does not get upper 20 to lower 30 mpg, i get 24 highway in a stock one thats not lifted. Rough country lifts are garbage and you'll be wanting to replace is soon. Plus he has a leveling kit too? Sounds sketchy id keep looking, find a nice stock one that isnt hacked up like im sure that one is if the kid doesn't even know what hes talking about.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:39 PM   #5
ecman06 is on a distinguished road
Name: Erik
ecman06's Tacoma Gallery
thanks guys,
thats kind of what i was thinking. You think the lift has caused any significant wear on anything? And, any idea of how easily i can just remove the tough country lifts? i dont plan on needing a lift and would rather just take it out....
Old 06-24-2012, 09:56 PM   #6
IKMtacoma is on a distinguished road

IKMtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
box appears to be painted. color appears off. look at the TRD decal placement.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:23 AM   #7
Alex17 is on a distinguished road

Name: Alex
Alex17's Tacoma Gallery
Call bull**** on the Mpg thats just about impossible on a Tacoma... and for 165k miles you could get a much better price that 12k
Old 06-26-2012, 10:26 AM   #8
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
No fogs lights. It's not a Trd, it's a base model with stickers added.