1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

how this look?

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by ecman06, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Jun 22, 2012 at 11:12 PM
    ecman06

ecman06 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Madison
    hey guys,
    I am brand new here and looking for some advice.
    Looking to get into my first tacoma. Ive been looking for a 2005-2008 2.7, 5 spd, access cab, 4x4 for a few months now and i came along this one. Includes a lot of mods and extras - check the listing for details.
    KBB value is at 10k$.
    Truck looks GREAT, but its got 165k on the clock, with new clutch last year and new rotors and pads. Should i be concerned with the 165K on this engine? Guy says it runs like a dream.

If the frame checks out to be solid, is this a fair price?
    also - any one concerned with the mods? Says there is about 40k miles on the lift kit and KN and programmer. All installed by professionals

Tough part here is i am 8 hours drive away, so i cant really check it out easily.

http://dayton.craigslist.org/cto/3088891881.html

any help would be appreciated for this noob.

thanks!
    erik

2. Jun 22, 2012 at 11:15 PM
    senor taco

senor taco ROLLIN ON RUST

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Vehicle:
    O7 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    17in fj cruiser wheels satoshi grille with devil horns emblem Single in double out 50 series flowmaster with stainless tips Kenwod ddx512 double din touch screen DVD reciver with a single Rockford fosgate 12 in sub with an alpine amp tinted tail and third break light silverstar head and fog lights k&n drop in Billy 5100's on all 4 corners with a 2"AAL
    Its trd just so you know

3. Jun 24, 2012 at 5:57 AM
    DPR921

DPR921 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Cheshire, MA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4x4 2.7
    I would recommend not buy it from him he does not seem to have a clue of what he is talking about.. There is no such thing as a trd 2nd gen 4 cylinder tacoma, Also he does not get upper 20 to lower 30 mpg, i get 24 highway in a stock one thats not lifted. Rough country lifts are garbage and you'll be wanting to replace is soon. Plus he has a leveling kit too? Sounds sketchy id keep looking, find a nice stock one that isnt hacked up like im sure that one is if the kid doesn't even know what hes talking about.

4. Jun 24, 2012 at 6:15 AM
    Davtopgun

Davtopgun Weeeee mod time!

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    TacoAlaMode Custom grill, SCS Gunmetal F5's, Treadwright guard dogs, King extended travel coilovers w/800# springs, OME Dakars. LRUCA's. Allpro off-road plate rear bumper with high clearance hitch, steel breaded extended brake lines front and rear, SOS concepts bolt on rock sliders with top plate, Pelfreybuilt front plate bumper, rci skid plates, Airflow Snorkel, Tom Woods custom one piece drivesahft, Weathertech in channel rain guards, Bushwacker fender flares, custom cab height bedrack, 60" Hi-Lift jack w/Mount, Recon 10,500lb waterproof winch with synthetic line, rear bumper light pods, front bumper light pods and light bar.
    It needs a few changes. He's full of it on the gas mileage. Above poster is right about the TRD.

Proper lift (the lift he has is junk)
    Headlights (those are crap)

But, if you can get it for 10k, i'd jump on the deal. That mileage is nothing for the 2.7l.

5. Jun 24, 2012 at 9:39 PM
    ecman06

ecman06 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Madison
    thanks guys,
    thats kind of what i was thinking. You think the lift has caused any significant wear on anything? And, any idea of how easily i can just remove the tough country lifts? i dont plan on needing a lift and would rather just take it out....

6. Jun 24, 2012 at 9:56 PM
    IKMtacoma

IKMtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    box appears to be painted. color appears off. look at the TRD decal placement.

7. Jun 26, 2012 at 10:23 AM
    Alex17

Alex17 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    Base 4cyl
    Default but would like to mod it
    Call bull**** on the Mpg thats just about impossible on a Tacoma... and for 165k miles you could get a much better price that 12k

Products Discussed in

To Top