Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

LCE Headers

Old 08-28-2012, 06:30 PM   #41
swollen member
covefrog08 is on a distinguished road

covefrog08's Tacoma Gallery
wow those are beauties! i ordered one yesterday and also got the magnaflow exhaust. but didn't realize i would be reusing the stock cats.....

hey allmotorrex when you installed your flowmaster did you put new cats in also?
Old 08-28-2012, 06:44 PM   #43
swollen member
covefrog08 is on a distinguished road

covefrog08's Tacoma Gallery
oh ya right on. may i ask by you switched to a flowmaster?
Old 08-28-2012, 07:00 PM   #44
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
U may! Lol well I chose the magnaflow to begin with because it had a deep rumble to it, kinda like an sti and it sounded really good! Then when I got the lce header, it changed the sound of it and took away some of the rumble so I decided to try a diff muffler so I just started looking for the deepest, meanest sounding muffler I could find and I came up with the Super 44! I just bought a muffler with the same size inlet and outlet and welded it in with a turn down and ive had numerous people tell me theres no way I got a 4 banger! Lol

I will say though that the magnaflow is much better construted! I still have it and it is still shiney, as for the flowmaster is rusted pretty bad and looks kinda shitty! At least its under the truck! Haha
Old 08-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #45
B.S. Goodwrench
KWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
U may! Lol well I chose the magnaflow to begin with because it had a deep rumble to it,
Can I ask which Magnaflow?

I need one bad!
Old 08-28-2012, 08:09 PM   #47
B.S. Goodwrench
KWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome! If its a whole cat back that should be easy. I can find that,

I thought you just welded a Magnaflow muffler on,
Old 08-28-2012, 08:13 PM   #48
B.S. Goodwrench

KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
Was it this one? The first of the three listed?

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...ayproducts.asp
Old 08-29-2012, 04:48 AM   #49
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWMF View Post
Awesome! If its a whole cat back that should be easy. I can find that,

I thought you just welded a Magnaflow muffler on,
Haha well thats also ome reason I switched to a flowmaster and didn't stay in the magnaflow family is because they are made out of stainless steel and that shit looks good but damn its hard to weld! I still have the exhaust in my garage
Old 08-29-2012, 02:49 PM   #50
KaosTsoc is on a distinguished road
KaosTsoc's Tacoma Gallery
Allmotorrex, I was wondering if you would happen to have an audio file that you could upload that would let us hear the difference between the Flowmaster, and the Magnaflow??

Thanks.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:50 PM   #51
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaosTsoc View Post
Allmotorrex, I was wondering if you would happen to have an audio file that you could upload that would let us hear the difference between the Flowmaster, and the Magnaflow??

Thanks.
Well damn man, I dont! But I know there are audio clips of the magnaflow out there and I can shoot a clip of my setup now if ud like? If thats what ur talking about!?
Old 09-08-2012, 09:05 AM   #52
dustball is on a distinguished road
dustball's Tacoma Gallery
Just installed LCE header on my 2011 tacoma yesterday, fit was perfect, took 1.5 hours. hardly any difference in sound with stock muffler still on. took a drive on some steep roads where truck has always struggled, it was a noticeable improvement. still looking for a high flow muffler that's not too damn loud.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:19 AM   #53
Large Breast Enthusiast
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustball View Post
Just installed LCE header on my 2011 tacoma yesterday, fit was perfect, took 1.5 hours. hardly any difference in sound with stock muffler still on. took a drive on some steep roads where truck has always struggled, it was a noticeable improvement. still looking for a high flow muffler that's not too damn loud.
That's awesome. I am waiting to hear the news on whether I got this new job or not and if I get it I'm immediately gettin the header! I have heard that the dynomax super turbo is one of the quieter high-flow mufflers, so that might be worth looking into.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #55
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Im super happy with my DT header. Bought it back in early '09 though.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:11 PM   #56
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
Im super happy with my DT header. Bought it back in early '09 though.
Im still waiting for mine. They said on August 24th they would send it out on the 31st. Then I called yesterday and they said they would send it out that day. So I shall wait......
Old 09-09-2012, 10:28 PM   #58
Bosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Kevin
Bosmob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
Im still waiting for mine. They said on August 24th they would send it out on the 31st. Then I called yesterday and they said they would send it out that day. So I shall wait......
Dude... I'm still waiting for mine as well. I shipped my old one that didn't fit back to them in mid-July and Nick from DT, who I've been consistently emailing over the past few months just keeps delaying and lagging.

I emailed him this past monday and he never responded the whole last week. If this shit keeps up, I'm going with a LCE.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #59
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
So is LCE making headers for our lil 4bangers again???? Or are pics up of some that were made before they stopped making em?
Old 09-10-2012, 04:05 AM   #60
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Or are pics up of some that were made before they stopped making em?
Here's some of the before.......

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/4-c...r-install.html