Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

LCE Headers

Old 10-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #121
(Not the real George Strait)
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerParkJesus View Post
Beautiful! How was the install? Did you have to take your intake out? Battery?
You have to take the intake tube out, not the filter/box. It went ok. It took me longer than expected but mainly just due to the two spring bolts where the header meets the exhaust piping. That was a huge bitch because I was only using a ratchet and could barely get a good angle on the bolts. Other than that it was a pretty easy install. Worth the money in IMO if you can install it yourself
Old 10-08-2012, 06:13 AM   #122
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

After driving it around for the weekend I noticed something. It makes a "woosh" sound when accelerating. It almost sounds like an amplified intake noise. I'm wondering if this is because the header is not made out of cast iron like the stock one and hasn't built up any carbon on it yet. Has anyone else noticed the sound being louder? I don't think there are any leaks, but what exactly does a header leak sound like?
Old 10-08-2012, 06:32 AM   #123
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I have no whoosh sound from mine.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #124
Bosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Kevin
Bosmob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGE STRAIT View Post
After driving it around for the weekend I noticed something. It makes a "woosh" sound when accelerating. It almost sounds like an amplified intake noise. I'm wondering if this is because the header is not made out of cast iron like the stock one and hasn't built up any carbon on it yet. Has anyone else noticed the sound being louder? I don't think there are any leaks, but what exactly does a header leak sound like?
An exhaust leak from your header will sound like a tapping or sometimes ticking noise if it is not substantial.

If it sounds like a whoosh that's constant and increases with RPM's you may be leaking a lot. Try starting the engine and feel around for and puffs of exhaust leaking.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #125

I think it just had to be worn in a little bit. It sounds good now I love it
Old 10-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #126
TrailerParkJesus is on a distinguished road
TrailerParkJesus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGE STRAIT View Post
I think it just had to be worn in a little bit. It sounds good now I love it
Good to hear. Going to pull the trigger soon on one of these.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:16 AM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerParkJesus View Post
Good to hear. Going to pull the trigger soon on one of these.
Nice. I think the other guys on here would agree it is a worthwhile purchase.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:23 AM   #128

BTW, before I ordered mine online, I called Mike at LCE to make sure he had any left and he said he had 2. That was before I bought mine. Take it with a grain of salt though, he might have just been using "marketing tactics" to get me to pull the trigger.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:07 PM   #130
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
I agree. This is the best bang for ur buck in adding power to ur truck. Def worth it
Looks good. Would love to see a dyno for these headers.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #131
Just placed the order finally!
Talked to the sales department. They are in the middle of a production run right now and will be done in about a couple of weeks. I'll be back with some pictures of the install.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:55 AM   #132
As the crow flies
Corvus is on a distinguished road

Corvus's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, these look and sound great! I'd love to pick up a few extra horse for my little 4 banger and have some clean headers

I'm only concerned that messing with stock will void my sweetheart powertrain warranty at my local dealer. I need to read some fine print and see what I can mess with
Old 10-31-2012, 06:59 AM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
Wow, these look and sound great! I'd love to pick up a few extra horse for my little 4 banger and have some clean headers

I'm only concerned that messing with stock will void my sweetheart powertrain warranty at my local dealer. I need to read some fine print and see what I can mess with
I'm not a lawyer or anything, but I don't think exhaust parts can void a powertrain warranty. There was also a supreme court case that was passed that said the burden of proof was on the dealership to prove that any modifications to the vehicle caused the problem. I think it is Magnusson v Moss or something like that.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:01 AM   #134
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It uses all stock stuff on the oem manifold and connects up to stock exhaust. Not seeing how dealer could prove this piece had anything to do with any other warranty issue.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:02 AM   #135
As the crow flies

Corvus's Tacoma Gallery
So this doesn't mess with any O2 sensors or anything either? Sorry for my noobness, I haven't delved under the hood of the Taco just yet.

If it all bolts up and it looks like the dealership won't give me pushback, this will be on my creditcard ASAP
Old 10-31-2012, 09:55 AM   #136
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So this doesn't mess with any O2 sensors or anything either? Sorry for my noobness, I haven't delved under the hood of the Taco just yet.

If it all bolts up and it looks like the dealership won't give me pushback, this will be on my creditcard ASAP
No, u retain your o2 sensor. It's a very simple install. Buy it.!!!!!!!
Old 10-31-2012, 10:16 AM   #137
Quote:
I'd put an order in quick. Sales said that these things are nearly sold out even before they finish production. I went ahead and put my name down for one.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:48 AM   #138
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Quote:

+2 on the no o2 tomfoolery. The o2 sensors are downstream from the header/exh manifold on the 2.7. Only thing used from the manifold is the gold pipe in this pic..........

You can see the hole for it in this pic. It is the only thing mounted on header. Other than that it is just oem donut gasket on collector and exhaust gasket on the head......

Old 10-31-2012, 01:33 PM   #139
As the crow flies

Corvus's Tacoma Gallery
Excellent thanks for the info guys. I'll do a quick follow up with the dealership where my extended warranty is. I think I can always throw those old ratty OEM headers back on when I go in for service anyways
Old 10-31-2012, 03:02 PM   #140
T@co_Pr3runn3r. When you did the install did you have to disconnect the battery? Also, did you have to go underneath your truck at all? The PreRunners are situated higher and it looks like a pain to bolt the header to the exhaust.