Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

LCE Headers

Old 10-31-2012, 10:48 AM   #141
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
So this doesn't mess with any O2 sensors or anything either? Sorry for my noobness, I haven't delved under the hood of the Taco just yet.

If it all bolts up and it looks like the dealership won't give me pushback, this will be on my creditcard ASAP
+2 on the no o2 tomfoolery. The o2 sensors are downstream from the header/exh manifold on the 2.7. Only thing used from the manifold is the gold pipe in this pic..........

You can see the hole for it in this pic. It is the only thing mounted on header. Other than that it is just oem donut gasket on collector and exhaust gasket on the head......

Old 10-31-2012, 01:33 PM   #142
As the crow flies
Corvus is on a distinguished road

Corvus's Tacoma Gallery
Excellent thanks for the info guys. I'll do a quick follow up with the dealership where my extended warranty is. I think I can always throw those old ratty OEM headers back on when I go in for service anyways
Old 10-31-2012, 03:02 PM   #143
TrailerParkJesus is on a distinguished road
TrailerParkJesus's Tacoma Gallery
T@co_Pr3runn3r. When you did the install did you have to disconnect the battery? Also, did you have to go underneath your truck at all? The PreRunners are situated higher and it looks like a pain to bolt the header to the exhaust.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:49 PM   #144
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerParkJesus View Post
T@co_Pr3runn3r. When you did the install did you have to disconnect the battery? Also, did you have to go underneath your truck at all? The PreRunners are situated higher and it looks like a pain to bolt the header to the exhaust.
im obviously not him but bo u do not need to disconnect the battery and u will have to get under the truck to unbolt and rebolt the bottom of the header on. I dropped mine in from the top and bolted to the head first then did the bottom last
Old 10-31-2012, 04:08 PM   #145
Large Breast Enthusiast
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This was the hardest park for me, getting those f%$king spring bolts off that connect the header to the exhaust pipe.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:19 PM   #146
Bosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Kevin
Bosmob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
+2 on the no o2 tomfoolery. The o2 sensors are downstream from the header/exh manifold on the 2.7. Only thing used from the manifold is the gold egr pipe in this pic..........

You can see the hole for it in this pic. It is the only thing mounted on header. Other than that it is just oem donut gasket on collector and exhaust gasket on the head......
The gold pipe is actually not EGR related. Toyota hasn't used EGR systems on their engines for quite some time now. It is actually an Air Injection system that injects air into the exhaust manifold on cold start up to improve emissions.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:35 AM   #147
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
As was stated before I got back here, not an issue. Actually it is perfect height to not have to use jack and since my truck is only lifted 1/2" up front it isn't too high to reach either. No battery disconnect, just the snorkel off oem intake from box to plenum. Snake header in from the top and bolt up to head first before tightening up the collector bolts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGE STRAIT View Post
This was the hardest park for me, getting those f%$king spring bolts off that connect the header to the exhaust pipe.
Bummer, hit mine with a bit of WD-40 and was no issue at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosmob View Post
The gold pipe is actually not EGR related. Toyota hasn't used EGR systems on their engines for quite some time now. It is actually an Air Injection system that injects air into the exhaust manifold on cold start up to improve emissions.
OK, fixed.....just gold pipe. But technically, air injected into the exh manifold becomes exhaust gas now doesn't it, it's just not recirculated, lol. EG without the R.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #148
Bosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Kevin
Bosmob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
OK, fixed.....just gold pipe. But technically, air injected into the exh manifold becomes exhaust gas now doesn't it, it's just not recirculated, lol. EG without the R.
LOL I guess you could see it that way.

But getting technical... the purpose of EGR is to cool combustion temperatures by introducing inert gases into the combustion chamber. The air being introduced through the gold pipe is not inert and is meant to heat the catalytic converter and fill the converter with oxygen.

So technically they are different things but they both work towards improving emissions. Also Toyota no longer uses dedicated EGR components but still creates an EGR effect by using VVTi.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:04 AM   #149
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I knew you were gonna say that..........that's why I said what I said, to get you to say what you did. It worked.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:32 AM   #151
Large Breast Enthusiast
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
That's amazing!!! "I got mind control over Dbo. When he here, I shut up. But when he leave, I be talkin again."
hey allmotorrex are you regeared?
Old 11-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #153
stockplus is on a distinguished road
Name: L.J.
stockplus's Tacoma Gallery
I placed my order this morning. The guys at LCE were great to talk to. They said the production process had been refined and this header is perhaps superior in some respects to the previous iteration -- though don't quote me on that . Still about 3 weeks out for the first batch. I'm glad they're back!
Old 11-02-2012, 10:06 AM   #154
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Is LCE making the second gen 2.7 header again ?
Old 11-02-2012, 10:10 AM   #155
stockplus is on a distinguished road
Name: L.J.
stockplus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Is LCE making the second gen 2.7 header again ?
Yes, here's the pre-order link:

Street Header Kit 2005-2012 2TR 2.7 Liter Tacoma
Old 12-10-2012, 05:43 PM   #156
Just installed the headers yesterday. Took me nearly 5 hours from start to finish. Some of the hex nuts were nearly impossible to reach on the old header when taking it off and putting the new one on. Also had to sand the bottom surface of the EGR so that it would fit all the way back onto the header. There was about a 1/2" gap which caused the air injection tube to not sit flush with the header. The header was probably easy to install and I probably made my life harder somehow

There is definitely a noticeable boost in performance especially on the lower RPMs. I don't nearly have to press the gas pedal as hard to get it to go especially from a complete stop. Overall I'd say I'm pretty happy with the purchase though, just the install was not as easy as I thought it would be.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #157
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just installed the headers yesterday. Took me nearly 5 hours from start to finish. Some of the hex nuts were nearly impossible to reach on the old header when taking it off and putting the new one on. Also had to sand the bottom surface of the EGR so that it would fit all the way back onto the header. There was about a 1/2" gap which caused the air injection tube to not sit flush with the header. The header was probably easy to install and I probably made my life harder somehow

There is definitely a noticeable boost in performance especially on the lower RPMs. I don't nearly have to press the gas pedal as hard to get it to go especially from a complete stop. Overall I'd say I'm pretty happy with the purchase though, just the install was not as easy as I thought it would be.
But its on now so who cares! Lol
Old 12-11-2012, 05:05 AM   #158
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
But its on now so who cares! Lol
My thoughts exactly. Pain in the ass to install but glad it's on and I don't have to worry about it anymore. Just get to enjoy it.

I know some other posters purchased it around the same time I did. Curious to see their experiences as well!