Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Super charger/ turbo

Old 07-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
Stuie is on a distinguished road
Stuie's Tacoma Gallery
Super charger/ turbo

I am looking to get a little more power out my 08 Tacoma , does anyone ,make a turbo kit or a charger that is reasonably priced ? Just to help towing
Thanks
Old 07-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #2
Stuie's Tacoma Gallery
Not looking to spend 5k
Old 07-07-2012, 04:09 PM   #5
Stuie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Not sure if gadget got the 4cyl blower done......check urdusa.com
I talked to LC and the wanted 5400 for a stage 1 ,
Old 07-07-2012, 04:56 PM   #6
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Who is LC?

Gadget has 1 for 4500

Horsepower costs money, always has been mans quest to find cheap hp.....

Marketing companies know and exploit this.....hence all the cheap ebay crap, "chips for some vehicles that do nothing", fluffed intake numbers, fluffed exhaust numbers, and so on.

Does sts make a turbo app for the 4 banger?
+1
well said.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #7
Stuie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Who is LC?

Gadget has 1 for 4500

Horsepower costs money, always has been mans quest to find cheap hp.....

Marketing companies know and exploit this.....hence all the cheap ebay crap, "chips for some vehicles that do nothing", fluffed intake numbers, fluffed exhaust numbers, and so on.

Does sts make a turbo app for the 4 banger?
http://www.lcengineering.com/
I anot looking to race the truck just pulling power
Old 07-07-2012, 05:08 PM   #10
Stuie's Tacoma Gallery
Do they make a kit with low boost so I don't change the injectors ?
Old 07-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #11
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
sts is pretty much universal. im sure it could be adapted. rear mount turbo's are not ideal though...
Remote mount turbos have come a long way, you would be surprised what they can do..they used to have a bad rap due to the mismatching of components and theory vs reality, not as bad as one might think.

As a matter of fact since I have swapped an LS1 into my 1st gen I dont have a lot of space for a front mount turbo and I am currently collecting parts for a remote mount turbo system (just behind the cab under the bed). Should be able to put down 600 rwhp without too much trouble.

They work great as long as the system is built right (matched)...
Old 07-07-2012, 05:52 PM   #12
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuie View Post
Do they make a kit with low boost so I don't change the injectors ?
you have a 2TR. I don't think they make a kit. URD makes a centrifugal supercharger kit; Alpine developments does as well.

The URD kit, however, is the only one specifically designed for the US spec Tacoma w/ the 2TR. the other kit requires modification and does not fit nearly as well.

these are the only two forced induction "kits" that I know of for the 2TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Freek View Post
Remote mount turbos have come a long way, you would be surprised what they can do..they used to have a bad rap due to the mismatching of components and theory vs reality, not as bad as one might think.

As a matter of fact since I have swapped an LS1 into my 1st gen I dont have a lot of space for a front mount turbo and I am currently collecting parts for a remote mount turbo system (just behind the cab under the bed). Should be able to put down 600 rwhp without too much trouble.

They work great as long as the system is built right (matched)...

true but for a inline engine, single turbo application with plenty of room in the engine bay, I don't really see a reason why to have all that complications and charge piping lol.

I sure you (of all people) would be able to source the right/matched parts and create a system that would work well...just most of the time (from what ive seen) they tend to suck for one reason or another