Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Cold Air Intake Benefits?

Old 07-08-2012, 11:21 PM   #22
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
When I had an intake I tested throttle response on a throttle response dyno. The readings where off the chart.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:23 PM   #23
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Well i dont even know who that is lol so i didnt rip it off him but i do know that i say your truck on youtube on a TW meet run and its pure secks lol im jelly as fuck!
Which one??? Did it have gorman in the title??
Old 07-08-2012, 11:26 PM   #24
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
Which one??? Did it have gorman in the title??
Yea the Gorman Cali meet. If only people were into MT and LT around here i wish i could see your truck in person!
Old 07-08-2012, 11:29 PM   #25
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea the Gorman Cali meet. If only people were into MT and LT around here i wish i could see your truck in person!
It is pretty bamf and gnar. It not that special.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:47 PM   #26
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not gonn lie, I like the braaaappp of it.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:48 AM   #27
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It is pretty bamf and gnar. It not that special.
toot your own horn why dont you
Old 07-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #28
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
12 years plus have past since I installed my fipk.
I haven't paid for a replacement air filter/element since installed.

The fipk may not offer any real performance increase...
but it saved me some money... and I'm good with that

btw... my junk runs as good as the day I bought 'er

I'll attribute that to changing the oil/filter religiously

^ that... and I don't drive it like I stole it

To each there own... I'm good
Old 07-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #29
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
When I had an intake I tested throttle response on a throttle response dyno. The readings where off the chart.

Fixed it for you
Attached Thumbnails
Cold Air Intake Benefits?-brapband.jpg  
Old 07-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #30
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Fixed it for you
Old 07-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #31
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDell View Post
12 years plus have past since I installed my fipk.
I haven't paid for a replacement air filter/element since installed.

The fipk may not offer any real performance increase...
but it saved me some money... and I'm good with that
In 12 years you would have bought between 8 and 12 $15 filters.

Did it really save you any money?
Old 07-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #32
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Rich you're such a kick in the butt. You crack me up.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:29 PM   #35
Blueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Blueberry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Isnt them recharge kit like 15 bucks.
Yeah, but you can get 5 or 6 uses out of them. Probably more. Don't know yet, only used mine once so far.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:35 AM   #36
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Isnt them recharge kit like 15 bucks.
Doesn't the oil gunk up your MAFS?
Old 07-10-2012, 08:04 AM   #37
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
Doesn't the oil gunk up your MAFS?
It only takes like..2 minutes to clean it tho lol
Old 07-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #38

If the gunk gets past the MAF and down deep it might take longer....and it still puts off readings and can make the vehicle throw codes. And you still have to take things off to clean it. If you don't think right away that it's the MAF then you'd have to bring it in to get the number if you don't have a reader. Just seems to be more hassle than benefit.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:44 AM   #39
DerpWerx Fab

You could just get a dry-flow filter too. No oil
Old 07-10-2012, 08:46 AM   #40
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
You could just get a dry-flow filter too. No oil
All of those let more dirt in.