Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

2.7 hp

Old 07-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
Stuie is on a distinguished road
Stuie's Tacoma Gallery
2.7 hp

Whats the best way to gain 30 to 50 hp without forced air, the only two places I can find that has superchargers URD and LC engineer they both have a kit for $4500 but it brings rwhp to 250 I am not looking to gain that kinda hp.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #2
Stuie is on a distinguished road
Stuie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Tall order n/a 2.7

Im curious to see the outcome
I might have to get a charger
Old 07-12-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
Silver Streak is on a distinguished road
Silver Streak's Tacoma Gallery
Every bolt on imaginable to get it without doing any serious work, and i still dont think you will get more than around 20ish extra and thats on the motor not to the wheels.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:59 AM   #4
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
A TacomaWorld sticker adds 30 hp.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #5
DGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Friend
DGXR's Tacoma Gallery
You *might* be able to gain 20-25hp by adding an intake, headers, exhaust, computer (if you can find one), etc. and that gain will only be fully realized near redline rpms. But I'm pretty sure it's not possible to gain anywhere near 50 hp in the 2.7 4cyl engine without forced induction or without opening the motor and replacing vital components (pistons, cams, etc) and running premium for the higher compression.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #6
Grab your helmet, this shits about to get retarded
BlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
BlackSeven's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGXR View Post
You *might* be able to gain 20-25hp by adding an intake, headers, exhaust, computer (if you can find one), etc. and that gain will only be fully realized near redline rpms. But I'm pretty sure it's not possible to gain anywhere near 50 hp in the 2.7 4cyl engine without forced induction or without opening the motor and replacing vital components (pistons, cams, etc) and running premium for the higher compression.
I'd say it's below 15. I have intake/headers and it makes a difference spinning the larger tires, re-gearing probably helped the most. Going to a 4.88 was probably the best mod I've done so far. Still slow as mole asses.