LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

OBX 2.7L Headers

Old 07-13-2012, 12:33 PM   #1
Resident Chubby Chaser
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Certified Beer Drinker
Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
OBX 2.7L Headers

Anybody heard/had experiences with these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-SUS-Head...84a6af&vxp=mtr
Old 07-15-2012, 08:06 PM   #2
YotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FMC 25th BSB
Name: Brian
YotaMan2007's Tacoma Gallery
it looks exactly like the doug thorley header for the 2.7 if you put both products pictures side by side.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:14 PM   #3
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have OBX brand exhaust items on my TC, you get what you pay for. It wasnt bad by any means because the price was right. THis was 7-8 years ago so I am not sure how their products are now.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:01 AM   #4
Grab your helmet, this shits about to get retarded
BlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
BlackSeven's Tacoma Gallery
They make alot of parts for import tuner cars as well and are held in pretty low regard across the internet. I've heard many stories of cracked welds.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:19 AM   #5
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
A few years back they were questionable. I would not hesitate to use there products now. I had a header from them on an integra i had, and the welds cracked, but i also had a turbo manifold on a lexus i had and ran 23lbs daily on it for a while. If you look at it like this, you are saving money on a product, that will last until a weld cracks, it is still probably cheaper to have the weld patched then to buy a more expensive product.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #6
TL;DR BOSS
hour is a jewel in the roughhour is a jewel in the roughhour is a jewel in the rough

Name: Brandon
hour's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with the above for the most part, but my experiences with them were all on Hondas about 6 years ago. At that point they had taken a lot of flak and already improved enormously - for the popular honda tuner motors of the mid 90's at least. I feel like I'd be finding more tacoma specific reviews if it had been on the market for a long time or sold well.

If they're doing it right the first time these days then maybe it's all OK.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:18 PM   #7
YotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FMC 25th BSB
Name: Brian
YotaMan2007's Tacoma Gallery
only issue with this disign is that not all the tubes are the same length like the LC engineering header for the 2.7 and from what i hear LC made the header perfect for it. I'm waiting for the improved LCE header to be put on the market since they specialize in toyota performance parts.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #8
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaMan2007 View Post
only issue with this disign is that not all the tubes are the same length like the LC engineering header for the 2.7 and from what i hear LC made the header perfect for it. I'm waiting for the improved LCE header to be put on the market since they specialize in toyota performance parts.
too bad they dont "make" them anymore. yes there is a rumor that they will come out with a new and improved one soon, we'll see if that happens