Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Poll: Which CAI do you have, if any?

View Poll Results: Which CAI do you have in your Taco?
K&N 8 8.42%
Afe 11 11.58%
Injen 0 0%
Volant 5 5.26%
Airraid 1 1.05%
URD 2 2.11%
Stock 54 56.84%
Other 14 14.74%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
Large Breast Enthusiast
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
Poll: Which CAI do you have, if any?

Which One do you have, and what do you think about it?
Old 07-20-2012, 11:18 AM   #2
Large Breast Enthusiast
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I have stock with a secondary filter removal.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:22 AM   #3
Geezer
azreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: ET on minesweepers
azreb's Tacoma Gallery
OEM, Seems to work great. The truck does what I want and gives great gas mileage (generally better than 26 mpg).
Old 07-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #4
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colby
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
TRD isn't on the list.

I have the TRD 1st gen and own a TRD 2nd gen. 1st gen is better.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #5
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
I use a stock intake and sometimes swap to an AEM brute force open air filter setup with heat shield.

The both work about the same but the AEM is louder.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:22 AM   #6
Large Breast Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
TRD isn't on the list.

I have the TRD 1st gen and own a TRD 2nd gen. 1st gen is better.
My bad, I didn't know they made them for 2.7
Old 07-24-2012, 08:23 AM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Rocking stock cold air. No annoying noise in the cab and no cash cpent on something that doesn't do much.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #8
JPR21 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Security Forces
Name: Joe
JPR21's Tacoma Gallery
I have the drop in AFE Pro Dry S Filter w/secondary air filter removal.

Works out great for me!
Old 07-25-2012, 02:49 PM   #9
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Rocking stock cold air. No annoying noise in the cab and no cash cpent on something that doesn't do much.
I can't say I've noticed any power gains from mine, but I don't have any noise in the cab until 3000 rpm which is right when I want to hear them anyhow
Old 07-25-2012, 02:57 PM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
I can't say I've noticed any power gains from mine, but I don't have any noise in the cab until 3000 rpm which is right when I want to hear them anyhow
I don't always want to hear noise. When passing, I just want to pass a car most of the time not rattle my truck and their car to pieces with my intake noise.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:18 AM   #11
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco me elmo View Post
I use a stock intake and sometimes swap to an AEM brute force open air filter setup with heat shield.

The both work about the same but the AEM is louder.
you have a V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGE STRAIT View Post
My bad, I didn't know they made them for 2.7
they don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
and you have a V6 as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
and so do you.

i have stock intake w/ K&N filter and secondary filter removed.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:20 AM   #12
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
and you have a V6 as well
Still does almost nothing on the 4 bnager. Removing the charcoal filter is what does the most on the 4 banger.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:13 AM   #14
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Whoops. Didn't notice where I was I guess.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:24 PM   #15
Large Breast Enthusiast

Well, I pulled the trigger on an Afe pro-dry S CAI today. I am thinking about getting it dyno'd just because there's not really any conclusive before/after evidence on here about 2.7's other than people's opinions on whether they work or not. Plus I'd like to know.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #16
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGE STRAIT View Post
Well, I pulled the trigger on an Afe pro-dry S CAI today. I am thinking about getting it dyno'd just because there's not really any conclusive before/after evidence on here about 2.7's other than people's opinions on whether they work or not. Plus I'd like to know.
Do it! Brrrraaaaaaaap!
Old 08-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #17
wahvtec is on a distinguished road
wahvtec's Tacoma Gallery
sorry to be ignorant here but you fellas mentioned removing the charcoal filter does the most for the 1st gens. Your not refering to the evap canister are you?
Old 08-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #18
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahvtec View Post
sorry to be ignorant here but you fellas mentioned removing the charcoal filter does the most for the 1st gens. Your not refering to the evap canister are you?
Only 2nd gens have the charcoal filter. It isn't the evap canister.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #19
wahvtec is on a distinguished road
wahvtec's Tacoma Gallery
ok i thought that sounded insane and would cause havoc on the already complicated vacum/emissions system toyotas are know for