Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

evap. cannister AGAIN!

Old 08-06-2012, 03:01 AM   #1
mgahan is on a distinguished road
mgahan's Tacoma Gallery
evap. cannister AGAIN!

Having to replace my 4th evap. cannister. Obviously there is underlying problem for my 2010 4 cyl. tacoma. Any ideas?
Old 08-06-2012, 05:12 AM   #2
Understand the Voice Within
91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dan
91r100gs's Tacoma Gallery
do you top off all the way to the brim. You could be getting it full of fuel.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
mgahan's Tacoma Gallery
no. i'm aware of that problem
Old 08-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #4
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
What codes are being set ??
Old 08-08-2012, 03:01 AM   #5
mgahan's Tacoma Gallery
don't know the exact code # but if you think you have an idea I'll get them for you. They changed the cannister (4th) again but like I said, has to be some underlying problem. They treat the symptom but not the cause. Thanks
Old 08-08-2012, 06:44 AM   #6
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgahan View Post
don't know the exact code # but if you think you have an idea I'll get them for you. They changed the cannister (4th) again but like I said, has to be some underlying problem. They treat the symptom but not the cause. Thanks
Without the codes and more background no one can begin to help u.
I agree with your thinking that something else is going on.
The more info you post the better.....
Evap codes are a PITA. They will make u pull your hair out.
Not sure we can help but info will help every one.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:07 AM   #7
mgahan's Tacoma Gallery
Angry

After 132 miles the check engine light is on again( so much for the new cannister). So today toyota is gonna find out that I too can be a PITA, a real big one.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:11 AM   #8
Have a coke and a smile and shut the f#%k up!
hogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
hogeyphenogey's Tacoma Gallery
We've been having an issue with our hyundais lately at our shop. Some of ours have 2 canisters. What we've seen is a spider web issue. The webs get sucked into the tube and pulled into the first canister. After changing out the first canister, the code returns and the second canister is bad after the customer drives off. We end up replacing that one as well. Not sure if this is helpful to you or not. Spiders love getting in there, just like a gas grill and their webs can cause some big time problems.

We've also seen where a purge valve issue is diagnosed from one of the canisters, but after changing it out the code returns and it's actually a connector issue. We've seen corrosion or simply a bad connector to the purge valve that shows the valve inop even after it has been replaced.