1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Idles low and stalls out, but fine with a/c on....?

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by turbothompson13, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Aug 17, 2012 at 10:39 AM
    turbothompson13

turbothompson13 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Parkersburg, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 2.7L
    4.5 inch front suspension lift, 3 inch rear end block lifts, 4 inches total lift, k&n cold air intake, racing shocks, front bilstien rear fox shocks, n fab pre runner light bar/bumper with fog lights, 33 inch nitto dune grapplers and ballistic jester 18 inch wheels.
    My friend has an 06 tacoma with the same engine as mine, a 2.7 4 banger, unfortunately he in not on tacomaworld so i am going to ask for him. his truck idles real low, like 500 rpm and lower, but when the a/c is on it runs fine. does anyone have any clue at all how i could help him?????

2. Nov 5, 2012 at 6:18 PM
    LDurchy

LDurchy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cedar Falls, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    When the A/C is turned on a solonoid kicks up the idle linkage to compensate for the extra load of the compressor. I'm guessing his idle is set too low for normal driving. Back in the days of carbs, a simple idle screw determined where the throttle rested for idle. Not sure how its done now with the injection systems, perhaps similar. Open the hood and watch the throttle system at work while your friend blips the throttle in neutral. Perhaps it is simple enough to be 'cyphered' out by looking.

Products Discussed in

To Top