Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

What maintenance required at 80000-miles

Old 08-19-2012, 10:33 PM   #1
Mantis808 is on a distinguished road
Mantis808's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up What maintenance required at 80000-miles

Aloha,
I have a 2007 Tacoma (4WD) 4Cylinder Standard trans..what maintenance should I perform at 80,000+ miles? I am the second owner and the truck runs great but no manual came with truck. Any timing chain/belt issues, spark plugs, etc? I do take it off road, camping and rambling. Appreciate it.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:04 PM   #2
Manual Transmission Enthusiast
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
TacomaBuzz's Tacoma Gallery
at 80K, you're looking at new spark plugs soon, Coolant flush, tranny fluid, air filter, fuel filter. Also may want to change differential fluid and grease your zerks. timing chain should be good for the lifetime of your engine.Welcome!
Old 08-19-2012, 11:15 PM   #3
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaBuzz View Post
at 80K, you're looking at new spark plugs soon, Coolant flush, tranny fluid, air filter, fuel filter. Also may want to change differential fluid and grease your zerks. timing chain should be good for the lifetime of your engine.Welcome!
This covers it and op you gunna take it to the dealer or DIY
Old 08-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #4
DGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Friend
DGXR's Tacoma Gallery
If you have no documentation about the service done by the previous owner of your truck, you could do the 90/100k stuff early if it will make you feel better and if you have the spare time and money now. There's lots of info online about the recommended maintenance intervals. Check this site:
http://smg.toyotapartsandservice.com/guides.php

I recall several threads saying there is no fuel filter in the 2nd gen Tacomas, just a screen around the pickup in the tank. Air filter replacement is every 30k unless you have an aftermarket filter. Also you might want to inspect the serpentine belt and brake pads/shoes. Transmission, coolant and spark plug service is at 100k. That's all I can remember without looking up this stuff. Hope this helps.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:51 AM   #5
Mantis808 is on a distinguished road
Mantis808's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the advice!! I will probably go to a local mechanic that I like in Kalihi. The dealership is usually a bit more pricey. Cheers
Old 02-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #6
poteran is on a distinguished road
Name: david
poteran's Tacoma Gallery
is there as thread on here that shows us how to DIY coolant, tranny and diff on 2nd gen 4 cyl? im am approaching 100k. thanks
Old 02-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #7
Banned
Kirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
Kirk1589's Tacoma Gallery
I may over maintain my truck but every 20,000 miles i do the 30k maintenance intervals, seeing i get all my parts at cost plus 10% it's pretty cheap. If something is loose or out of spec I will replace that part. I do go by the saying if it aint broke don't fix it.