Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

front mud flaps for base 4x2

Old 08-31-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
Silvertaco19 is on a distinguished road
Silvertaco19's Tacoma Gallery
front mud flaps for base 4x2

No part number for a 2012 tacoma base front mud flaps. Is the only solution husky? I.put x- RUNNER wheels on it that are wider then the stockers. I want to protect the paint. Any assistance would be great.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
Hot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Hot Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Husky Liner mud flaps won't fit either... at least not the Tacoma specific flaps because they're made for fender flares
Old 12-16-2012, 02:31 PM   #3
53wick is on a distinguished road
53wick's Tacoma Gallery
mud flaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertaco19 View Post
No part number for a 2012 tacoma base front mud flaps. Is the only solution husky? I.put x- RUNNER wheels on it that are wider then the stockers. I want to protect the paint. Any assistance would be great.
just put on some on my 2013 ac. buy the cheap flat mud flaps, you will have to cut out around i guess what is the lower cab mounts. take the new mud flap lay it on a piece of cardboard, cut it out and use it as a template. cut the cardboard, fold it down to lay under the cab mount, i guess its at a 45 degree angle. then cut the mud flap, you will need a heat gun when you bend it down, wear gloves it will burn your hands, you have to get it that hot so it will bend. trim as needed. drilled 1/4 holes threw the mud flap and the plastic inner fender, used a push in body clip, 5 per side, 3 along the fender, 2 below the cab mount. use caution when drilling holes not to go in too deep and hit something under the inner fender
Old 04-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #4
Hot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I'm thinking these Rally Armor "Universal Plus" flaps might be my starting point for building my own front mud flaps. For $25 for 4, I can mess-up one set and still have another set That weird buldge in the fender liner sure does make the otherwise simple project a rather big pain in the ...
Old 05-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #5
Thumbs up

I found semi generic flaps from my local auto parts store for $10, bought some stainless steal screws and washers, and went-to-town on them with my Dremel tool. They're not sexy, but for $10, I can live with that. (Come to think of it, I have yet to see a sexy mudflap at any price, so...)

They don't hang down very low, but I think that's OK because I have a DJM 3" lowering kit waiting to be installed, so I don't want these scraping on the ground in the future.