Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

4.88 gears with 32's

Old 09-26-2012, 07:35 AM   #21
ortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Eric
ortlie09's Tacoma Gallery
I'm only running 32's but my gas mileage is almost the same. Truck sucks gas on the freeway going 70, scan gauge tells me I'm only getting 19 MAX usually but in the city if I catch all the lights and don't change my speed much I can get around 25. Now I obviously can't keep it that high because I'm always having to stop in traffic and at lights, but between freeway and city I'm averaging about 19 with stock gears, and the predicted MPG's was 18-20 so I'm happy
Old 09-26-2012, 07:37 AM   #22
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Then why am I getting only 15?
Old 09-26-2012, 07:41 AM   #23
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
body lift maybe, with all the drag.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:48 AM   #24
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
body lift maybe, with all the drag.
Lmao haters gonna hate!
Old 09-26-2012, 07:49 AM   #25
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I'm srs..
Old 09-26-2012, 07:51 AM   #26
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
I'm srs..
Like a body lift could cause a loss of 3-4mpgs
Old 09-26-2012, 07:52 AM   #27
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Apparently that's all the evidence you have so far & that's where I would start.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:54 AM   #28
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Apparently that's all the evidence you have so far & that's where I would start.
Well I like my body lift it ain't going anywhere.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:20 AM   #29
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Well I like my body lift it ain't going anywhere.
You hope.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:23 AM   #30
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
You hope.
Let's not start the whole"dude your cab is gonna fly off you're frame! " debate.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:49 AM   #31
Tacobros34 is on a distinguished road
Marines: LCpl, II MEF, Headquarters Group, Engineers
Name: Blake
Tacobros34's Tacoma Gallery
my 6in suspension lift is Boss..... just saying lol But come to think off it I've never had a body lift on any of my trucks i just don't like tone look of it...
Old 09-26-2012, 09:08 AM   #32
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacobros34 View Post
my 6in suspension lift is Boss..... just saying lol But come to think off it I've never had a body lift on any of my trucks i just don't like tone look of it...
6" suspension lift? Or 6" drop bracket lift?
Old 09-26-2012, 09:17 AM   #33
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacobros34 View Post
Quote:
6" suspension lift? Or 6" drop bracket lift?

Old 09-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #34
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
OH MY GAY!!!!!!

And add a fucking between on and topic!!

Body lifts are dumb, true, but there no way thats robbing u of 4 mpg.
Dirty air filter, type of oil, dirty spark plugs, bad afr, off timing, bad trans, dry drive shaft, bad wheel bearing, dirty diff oil, and THE WAY U DRIVE. All these things I would consider before the stupid body lift.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:42 AM   #35
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
OH MY GAY!!!!!!

Dirty air filter, type of oil, dirty spark plugs, bad afr, off timing, bad trans, dry drive shaft, bad wheel bearing, dirty diff oil, and THE WAY U DRIVE. All these things I would consider before the stupid body lift.
^
Old 09-26-2012, 09:54 AM   #36
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
OH MY GAY!!!!!!

Bad Afr? Air fuel ratio?
I'm not crying cause i went from 8mpg to my last truck to 15 in this one but it just confuses me why I'm getting such shitty mileage compared to everyone else
Old 09-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #38
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Correct. And I would be pissed if I got 15 mpg
Well the truck is an '11 with 14,000 miles on it.
What do you think might be causing me to get such shitty mileage?
Old 09-26-2012, 02:03 PM   #39
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Like a body lift could cause a loss of 3-4mpgs
You do know you will lose some mpg's with any kind of lift right? Mine went down just from fiberglass fenders, maybe not 3-4mpgs but a higher profile creates more drag. I would say most of your loss is a lead foot though
Old 09-26-2012, 02:08 PM   #40
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
You do know you will lose some mpg's with any kind of lift right? Mine went down just from fiberglass fenders, maybe not 3-4mpgs but a higher profile creates more drag. I would say most of your loss is a lead foot though
No lead foot here. I drive my 4banger like the 4banger it is lol