Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

4.88 gears with 32's

Old 09-26-2012, 10:33 AM   #21
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
OH MY GAY!!!!!!

And add a fucking between on and topic!!

Body lifts are dumb, true, but there no way thats robbing u of 4 mpg.
Dirty air filter, type of oil, dirty spark plugs, bad afr, off timing, bad trans, dry drive shaft, bad wheel bearing, dirty diff oil, and THE WAY U DRIVE. All these things I would consider before the stupid body lift.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:42 AM   #22
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
OH MY GAY!!!!!!

And add a fucking between on and topic!!

Body lifts are dumb, true, but there no way thats robbing u of 4 mpg.
Dirty air filter, type of oil, dirty spark plugs, bad afr, off timing, bad trans, dry drive shaft, bad wheel bearing, dirty diff oil, and THE WAY U DRIVE. All these things I would consider before the stupid body lift.
^
Old 09-26-2012, 03:03 PM   #24
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Like a body lift could cause a loss of 3-4mpgs
You do know you will lose some mpg's with any kind of lift right? Mine went down just from fiberglass fenders, maybe not 3-4mpgs but a higher profile creates more drag. I would say most of your loss is a lead foot though
Old 09-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #25
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
No lead foot here. I drive my 4banger like the 4banger it is lol
All males come with their right foot full of lead. You really cant remove it, it just dissolves after years of driving
Old 09-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #26
Grab your helmet, this shits about to get retarded
BlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
BlackSeven's Tacoma Gallery
I've noticed with the 4.88's and a DT header my truck has no problems with acceleration. It does scoot, even with the 33's, it's just you hit 5th gear at 40 mph, then it's done scooting :P
Old 09-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #29
Señor member

You should wear your seatbelt while driving
Old 09-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #30
Señor member

Quote:
I do lol. I just did a bucket seat swap and hadn't wired up the harness for the seatbelt sensor yet
You never know with that gnarly acceleration, dont want to lose control lol
Old 09-27-2012, 01:13 PM   #31
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It doesn't like shake but it definitely has ZERO throttle response. Il go drive here in a lil bit and drop it into 5th goin 40 and see.

And I want it!!! Lol il give you $2..and a goat cause I heard you love goats

hahaha yes!!!!!! I love goats!! lol

Quote:
Attachment 171748going 40 in 5th gear. Sits about 1300-1400 rpms. Takes 16 seconds to go from 40 to 50 in 5th gear with pedal to the floor
On stock gears with 33x12.50 mud grapplers

and thats because you make probably forty ftq at that rpm. Of coarse it won't go nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
You should wear your seatbelt while driving
Hahahahaha thats some funny shit!!!!!
Old 09-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #32
ortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Eric
ortlie09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I do lol. I just did a bucket seat swap and hadn't wired up the harness for the seatbelt sensor yet
I've got an 11 also and my shit won't stop beeping if the passenger isn't wearing their seatbelt. Don't tell me you have to listen to that until its wired back up lol
Old 09-27-2012, 03:03 PM   #33
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
wait so you have a 4 cylinder with 33x12.50 mud grapplers? even if you're regeared idk why you're even questioning why you're getting bad mpg...the height and width of those tires are definitely stealing some mpg...
Old 09-28-2012, 09:16 AM   #38
Grab your helmet, this shits about to get retarded
BlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
BlackSeven's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
Ur runnin 4.88s and 33s right. Damn that is really high!! What's ur rpm at 75 and mpg? Im tryin to see what it will be like on high way road trips. I average about 18 right now if I do all highway driving at 70-75
I rarely get on the highway, I live in a very rural area between Philadelphia and Baltimore. Next time I do I'll take a picture.

I drove down to Armor Tech Offroad 6 months ago to get my sliders welded on and I stayed between 70-75 mph on 95, I don't recall my actual MPG, but it was less than local around town mileage.

I have to say, the throttle response makes the 4.88's worth it. I drove around for a week prior to putting the 4.88's in after the lift and it really is night and day. I also put a Doug Thorley header on and that made a difference as well.

Right now around town I can get 360 miles to a tank of gas, I calculated it out to be 20.5MPG
Old 09-28-2012, 09:30 AM   #39
If i asked my dad for money, He'd knock me out
Bfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Bfoster133's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I call bs. I have 33"s on stock gears an go 50-60 everywhere and I get 15mpg.
nope! hes correct highway 65-70 on my 35's with 4.10's im getting 17-18 avg
Old 09-28-2012, 09:35 AM   #40
SaraLynn44 has much to be proud ofSaraLynn44 has much to be proud ofSaraLynn44 has much to be proud ofSaraLynn44 has much to be proud ofSaraLynn44 has much to be proud ofSaraLynn44 has much to be proud ofSaraLynn44 has much to be proud ofSaraLynn44 has much to be proud ofSaraLynn44 has much to be proud of

Name: Sara Lynn
SaraLynn44's Tacoma Gallery
Im selling 4.88's if anybody needs them... brand new in the box never touched.. they ordered the wrong ones they're for a 4 cyclinder i have a 6 $140