2.7 VS 5.3 OR 5.4

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
HONDARED is on a distinguished road
Army: SGT. HAD TO GO.
Name: Ole Jim
HONDARED's Tacoma Gallery
Smile 2.7 VS 5.3 OR 5.4

I drive on one of the fastest race tracks in Indiana everyday. The route is I-94 to the I-80 toll road, exiting on Cline ave. MY 2011 Tacoma reg cab 4wd 4cyl auto will hang with any truck up to around 70, and actually kill 4wd 5.3 chevy's and 5.4 fords ,out of a toll booth and around sharp curves. These guys hate it because you can tell it is a base model by looking at it. Steel rims, no painted flares, no frills. My truck will pull well over 110 mph. My secret is??? Drive it like you mean it from day 1. I Read alot of posts of lacking power, and I had to add this. TOYOTA RULES!!!

Old 09-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #2
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HONDARED View Post
I drive on one of the fastest race tracks in Indiana everyday. The route is I-94 to the I-80 toll road, exiting on Cline ave. MY 2011 Tacoma reg cab 4wd 4cyl auto will hang with any truck up to around 70, and actually kill 4wd 5.3 chevy's and 5.4 fords ,out of a toll booth and around sharp curves. These guys hate it because you can tell it is a base model by looking at it. Steel rims, no painted flares, no frills. My truck will pull well over 110 mph. My secret is??? Drive it like you mean it from day 1. I Read alot of posts of lacking power, and I had to add this. TOYOTA RULES!!!
Welcome, but talk of such actions is kind of a no-no 'round these parts.

Put the word "hypothetically" in front of some of those types of comments, and you'd be golden...hypothetically.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
Hypothetically of course. I would never drive like that on an open roadway.!!

Old 09-28-2012, 08:09 PM   #4
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
Of course cuz we all drive like gmas around these parts

Old 09-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #6
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
2.7 could never hang with any 5. Anything .

Old 09-28-2012, 08:28 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
My buddy's 06 GTO runs 11s in the quarter with 5K worth of mods.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:29 PM   #8
snorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
It doesn't hang with them.... it kills them

OP on a good day your truck might do 0-60 in 10 seconds

Old 09-28-2012, 08:31 PM   #9
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah i dont see how a 4 banger would "kill" a 5.3 or 5.4 V8

Old 09-28-2012, 08:32 PM   #10
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snorola View Post
It doesn't hang with them.... it kills them
Yeah I bet . It must be that neck snapping 2.7's automatic trans launch .

Old 09-28-2012, 08:32 PM   #11
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^^^THIS^^^

Majority of us with 2.7's love em but, theyre slower than a retarded turtle thats trying to crawl uphill while flipped on its back.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:33 PM   #12
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
Yeah i dont see how a 4 banger would "kill" a 5.3 or 5.4 V8
By turning and ramming them while they are exiting the tolls?

Old 09-28-2012, 08:33 PM   #13
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Yeah I bet . It must be that neck snapping 2.7's automatic trans launch .
I bet he needs a wheely bar to keep it on the ground yo!

Old 09-28-2012, 08:35 PM   #14
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
More imaginary racing against people that don't know they are racing.

I4 kicking ass.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:36 PM   #15
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post
I4 kicking ass.
^^^This.... is not something to laugh at

Subis and Evos kick ass all day with their boosted I4.

Just not the tacos

Old 09-28-2012, 08:38 PM   #16
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
^^^This.... is not something to laugh at

Subis and Evos kick ass all day with their boosted I4.

Just not the tacos
Only you thought I wasn't talking about OP's I4.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #17
Come drive it. This is not bs. Maybe drag racing experience helps, but in the real world this actually happens everyday. I will have to break out the GOPRO. I said up to 70 after that they pull hard. But where I drive there are curves. Maybe you are not pushing it hard enough, Just sayin! By the way I also own a 2007 F-150 cc 4wd and I raced my wife from a dead stop,,,, and beat her (she has no experience) to 60 cause that was the speed limit.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:41 PM   #18
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Are you sure they are racing?

Old 09-28-2012, 08:42 PM   #19
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
The Ford 5.4 is a slow mofo in a standard F-150, expecially with the 4spd automatic

Edit: IBTL

Old 09-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #20
Oh I get it non driver club.Some people just buy a work truck and drive it every day. No its really slow like you think you are. My bad.

Closed Thread