1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

doug thorley exhaust and header

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by jped1981, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Sep 30, 2012 at 8:47 AM
    jped1981

jped1981 [OP] Member

Member:
    Ft Riley, KS
    Vehicle:
    2012 RC 4x4 5 speed
    Hey TW! I own a 4x4 Rc 2012 with a 4cyl. Recently installed a DT header and exhaust and afe pro dry s filter. Just my quick review in case anyone was thinking about getting something similar. The truck definitely sounds completely different it is louder and sounds more aggressive. Without a dyno I cant really give accurate increases or gains, but I have noticed that when driven hard in the higher rpm range, you can feel an slight. Increase in power and will be able to accelerate up top where as before the motor seemed to flatline at the higher rpms. Now most of us don't drive our trucks pegged at the redline so we are mainly concerned with low and midrange torque sadly enough I haven't noticed much change in that direction. The gains experienced there are noticeable at best. Perhaps the computer just needs to get used to the better flow, but so far. I didn't see much. Before the header was installed I had the afe pro dry s and the DT exhaust, noticeable increases with just that. Not much with the added header. IMHO this truck is awesome its peppy where it needs to be from the factory floor. Additional NA mode have helped a bit, but they are slight increases only. Thanks for reading hope this helpsnslmeone out who is possibly thinking of going this route! :D

2. Sep 30, 2012 at 5:53 PM
    maxpower29

maxpower29 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 2.7 5 speed SWB
    All season mats, 2nd filter delete, DT header, Jardine cat-back, URD shifter, Bilstein 5100's all around at .85 front with Eibachs + .25 passenger/.5 drivers spacers and 1.5 AAL, 0w20 synthetic, Scanguage II, extra D rings, OEM backup camera+Mirror, bed mat, Extang Solid Fold, Popnlock 5300, Pro Comp 7089's 4.5bs 285/70/17 Revo 2s, De-badged
    Ya I have all three too and just about to add the header on the truck this week to see how they all work. The catback did give a little more power at different rpms but nothing more then a little noticeable. Like the sound though

3. Oct 2, 2012 at 3:51 AM
    maxpower29

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    All season mats, 2nd filter delete, DT header, Jardine cat-back, URD shifter, Bilstein 5100's all around at .85 front with Eibachs + .25 passenger/.5 drivers spacers and 1.5 AAL, 0w20 synthetic, Scanguage II, extra D rings, OEM backup camera+Mirror, bed mat, Extang Solid Fold, Popnlock 5300, Pro Comp 7089's 4.5bs 285/70/17 Revo 2s, De-badged
    Just installed the header and to be honest I think people on here are wrote off the way they made this thing sound like a turbo. The gains are VERY minimal, and the only noticeable one for me is its a little easier to keep speed on the highway, and with less killing the gas needed I find my MPG have increased maybe 1-1.5

4. Oct 2, 2012 at 9:32 AM
    jped1981

jped1981 [OP] Member

Member:
    Ft Riley, KS
    Vehicle:
    2012 RC 4x4 5 speed
    Second time driving after install, I noticed similar. Not exactly the biggest kick in the pants, but noticeable in the higher rpms, with stock tires and wheels, I notice better acceleration in third and fourth (i can pass in fourth). To anyone else thinking about motor mods, I think the drop in filter and the exhaust together was the best combo.

5. Oct 2, 2012 at 9:37 AM
    maxpower29

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Well with this being flatter then I expected, I doubt you will notice anything other then a blower on our 4 bangers

Products Discussed in

To Top