Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Line-x, Rhino line, or what?

Old 10-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #1
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Line-x, Rhino line, or what?

So after owning the truck for 7 months and the 3rd time of getting water inside my cab, it's time to change something.

I plan on continuing to wheel it so more water crossings/mud holes will be in the future.
My carpet is pretty gone but a new one could be ordered if needed but, I was hoping for a more water resistant fix.
So far I have called around and

To get rhino lined professionally = $450-$500 and theyl need the truck for a week

Or get Line-X'd =$600-$700 and theyl need the truck 2-3 days.

I will not Herculiner it myself cause I am not confident in my skills(flame me if you want but Idc)

If anyone has any options/suggestions/ideas I'd really appreciate it.
Maybe there's a complete rubber flooring I could put in?

Let's keep this positive(no"well don't go in water" comments cause I wheel and sometimes it just happens)

Old 10-04-2012, 10:55 AM   #2
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Line-x, Rhino line, or what?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1349373303.708367.jpg
And this is what the inside looks like stripped down on a 2011 RC incase anyone is curios
Old 10-04-2012, 11:05 AM   #3
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
braaaaaaaap
Old 10-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #4
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
plasti-dip it
Old 10-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #6
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
You aren't confident in your roller painting skills?? Herculiner is as easy as painting a wall. Just be careful cause it sticks to everything...

A "complete rubber floor" is still gunna have a problem with mold and holding water between the flooring and the floor pans so you'll ahve to remove it and dry stuff out still...
Old 10-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #8
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
Herculiner you pussy!

No!
Old 10-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #9
Houston's Swamp Rat

wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
You aren't confident in your roller painting skills?? Herculiner is as easy as painting a wall. Just be careful cause it sticks to everything...

A "complete rubber floor" is still gunna have a problem with mold and holding water between the flooring and the floor pans so you'll ahve to remove it and dry stuff out still...
this
Old 10-04-2012, 11:08 AM   #10
Houston's Swamp Rat

wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
No!
()
Old 10-04-2012, 11:09 AM   #11
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post

Nope. Me + painting anything= turns out like ass.
So I'd pay the extra $200-$300 to get it done right. But im just tryin to see if there's anyother options out there
Old 10-04-2012, 11:09 AM   #12
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
the Hootus is definitely something to keep your eye on, no doubt...
Old 10-04-2012, 11:09 AM   #13
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
and again, careful with the Hootus

Old 10-04-2012, 11:10 AM   #14
Houston's Swamp Rat

wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
watch out fot that Hootus
Old 10-04-2012, 11:10 AM   #15
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Kase, just drop the 500+ its gonna cost to get it professionaly done, that bumper you want can wait another 6 months at least
Old 10-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #16
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
do it yourself man!!!!
Old 10-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #17
Houston's Swamp Rat

wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
i mean for 150 more bucks you can have that bumper you want and just not cross some water for a little while
Old 10-04-2012, 11:13 AM   #18
Houston's Swamp Rat

wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
you should add a poll for this kase
Old 10-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #19
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
When I was getting my bumper line Xed they had a jeep in there. They did the floor kinda like what you want. It came out great. Line x is the shit
Old 10-04-2012, 11:18 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
I have used all (Herc a derp, Line x, Rhino) for jeep tubs, body armor, beds, body panels and my sexual pleasure...Line X stands out as a far superior product imo. I will never deviate from it again.
Thats what really tipped the scale, wasnt it