1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

lots of questions.

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by CJimenez4, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Oct 8, 2012 at 5:49 AM
    CJimenez4

CJimenez4 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 standard cab 2.7L 5 speed 2wd
    Looking to get started.
    I have a few questions that I have not found the answer for.

Will the 6 speed trans from Xrunner fit 2.7L?

Looking for some internals to make power for my 2.7.

Headers for my 2.7.

Best lift for my 2012 standard cab?

Will the wheels from the xrunner fit on my truck with out a lift, I can't seem to find a tire in an all terrain that will give me the room, can anyone help?

Does anyone know the best bang for the buck intake system?

2. Oct 8, 2012 at 6:10 AM
    scaplus

scaplus Well-Known Member

Member:
    1. A 6-speed won't fit into the 2.7L without some huge modification.
    2. When it comes to headers, you should probably head to LC Engineering to find some there.
    3. Popular lifts include ReadyLift's and FatBob's. FatBob's are a tad cheaper than Readylift's.
    Readylift's here: http://www.readylift.com/c-107-toyota-tacoma-5-lug-sst-lift-kit-2005-2012-2wd-275f175r.aspx
    FatBob's: http://4x4.fatbobsgarage.com/toyota...pension-275-lift-kit--2005-present-p7611.aspx
    4. You can run 18" wheels but as for tire wise, I would have to look that up later on. But maybe someone can chime in and help you.
    5. I personally don't do a intake system because there is very low performance gains and only at higher RPM's, unless you drive like that. The stock intake will be good enough for most people. I popped in a AFE performance filter and I notice a difference only because I drive 75+/2500RPM+.

EDIT: Also welcome to TW haha :)
    EDIT 2: You can probably run max 225/60/18 if they make them lol but you're better off lifting it first because that opens up a bunch of tire sizes. You can use the TacomaWorld Tire Calculator to punch out the numbers yourself: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tirecalc.php

3. Oct 8, 2012 at 6:23 AM
    Highland Logan

Highland Logan UBIQUE

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black AC TRD Off Road w/ factory tow pkg
    Icon Stage 2 w/ overload left in, SPC LR UCA, 265/75 16 BFG KO2, front and rear Weathertech floor liners, OEM (Extang) solid fold tonneau, OEM bed mat, OEM front skid plate, OEM billet oil cap, "TOYOYA" tailgate decal
    Welcome to TW.

Frank

Products Discussed in

To Top