Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Reg Cab Lift Vibes/Grinding

Old 10-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #1
Large Breast Enthusiast
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
Reg Cab Lift Vibes/Grinding

Obviously the reg cabs are notorious for making this noise when lifted, although after searching through different threads it seems only people with manual transmissions get them. Has anybody had/heard of someone having the grinding/vibration noises that has an automatic?
Old 10-14-2012, 10:41 AM   #2
Large Breast Enthusiast
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzr2 View Post
what rear lift do you have? the only grinding i got was after installing dakar leaf packs giving me over 3 inches of rear lift, when i just had a 1 inch rear block no grinding but that was shat.. i flipped my driveshaft to resolve the grinding from that but it is still there, just a lot less after the flip. what i noticed is with no gas in the tank and nothing in the box it is worse, so when the angles are highest under no load. i have 3 degree shims on the rear axle. if your grinding is different please provide more details so ppl can help you pinpoint things..!
Right now I have no rear lift and my billies at 1.75--no grinding, but Im considering doing an AAL and moving up to 2.5, but I've heard lots of stories of people grinding. Just cant decide about the cost/benefit haha
Old 10-14-2012, 07:32 PM   #3
wolfman00 is on a distinguished road
Name: matt
wolfman00's Tacoma Gallery
mine groans a bit. usually around 40-50mph when i left off the gas. Mine is also an auto.
George, I have the same truck/color/set up as you, except I have a 1" block out back.