1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dipstick Inaccuracy?

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by themeat424, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Mar 9, 2013 at 3:54 AM
    jonml

jonml Well-Known Member

Member:
    debadged ,grillcraft grill,blacked out headlights secondary filter removed,k&n filter,made a ram air tube to the airbox using 3 inch diameter flexible tubing ,sony reciever added ,rockford frosgate shallow mount sub added ,infinity component speakers added and powered by external amp,added cheap exhaust tip,added oem foglights,added helwig swaybar,shortened my antenna,dumped exhaust behind rear axel.
    My truck holds right at 5 and a quarter .. The filter you use makes a difference I work a tire store and change a lot of oil I've worked on trucks like mine with different filters and it makes a difference

2. Mar 9, 2013 at 4:38 AM
    Robnik

Robnik Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 Base Reg Cab 2.7L 2TR-FE A340E
    I'm just gonna keep using the 5 quart jug & the OEM "D1" filter. At least, I don't have to worry about buying an extra quart & I only have 1 jug for recycling.

3. Mar 9, 2013 at 9:48 AM
    chunt5

chunt5 Senior Citizen Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chuck
    Cumming, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB, Prerunner, SR5, 4.0
    The best way that I have found to check the oil on the 2.7 is remove the dipstick for 5 to 10 minutes. This gives the oil in the dipstick tube a chance to drain out. Then insert the dipstick once then remove and read.

4. Mar 9, 2013 at 7:13 PM
    george3

george3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2008 2.7 Manual Trans Tacoma
    Seat belt beeper, Cabelas (Weathertech) floor liner gray, Covercraft Seat Savers in Taupe, Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat, Pop n Lock PL5200, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit, Wolverine oil pan heater, Scangauge2, afe pro dry s filter, Remote Underbody 4 Piece LED Light Kit (White) used as Bed light, DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter, PA15-TOY, 4x4 Illuminated Switch, full synthetic, Redline Tuning Hood Support, Smittybilt Nerf Steps black powder-coated
    Sounds like a plan. Thanks.

Products Discussed in

To Top