Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

i need your help with my taco

Old 01-21-2009, 12:15 PM   #1
natebaur is on a distinguished road
natebaur's Tacoma Gallery
i need your help with my taco

hey my 2000 toyota tacoma reg cab dude not come with an rpm guage is there anyway to add a digital one?????
Old 01-21-2009, 12:21 PM   #2
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
You could buy a scanguage.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:38 PM   #3
yea just looked up scan guage is it meant to be used while drving??? and my obd 2 plug in is in the enginebAY is it okay to run the wire through the firewall???
Old 01-21-2009, 07:41 PM   #4
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i suspect that if you found a wrecked SR5 of the same generation/year range you could swap out the gauge cluster...but your mileage would be wrong
Old 01-21-2009, 07:48 PM   #6
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mneuls View Post
y do you need rpm? you have an automatic.
Does it matter? No
Old 01-21-2009, 07:51 PM   #7
mneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nice

mneuls's Tacoma Gallery
i guess not, I just don't see the point of having a tach in an auto. neither did the engineers at toyota i guess.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:15 AM   #8
tacoma-king has a spectacular aura abouttacoma-king has a spectacular aura about

tacoma-king's Tacoma Gallery
some people like to have them just to have them Just like I dont need a lift and bigger tires but I want them
Old 01-22-2009, 05:36 PM   #9
Aldo ct will become famous soon enoughAldo ct will become famous soon enough

Aldo ct's Tacoma Gallery
If you want it to look factory, find one at a junk yard or through someone. I am not sure if you can adjust the digital mileage to match yours.

I did the same thing. I had an instrument cluster with no tach, and found a cluster with tach and swaped them. I took both clusters to a speedo shop and they corrected the mileage on the new cluster. I have a cable driven cluster.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:45 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mneuls View Post
y do you need rpm? you have an automatic.
its nice knowing what my rpm is because when i do test like microvat or anything i need to know where 2500 rpm is at
Old 01-23-2009, 06:07 PM   #11
9th level dungeon master
darkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to all

darkturtleninja's Tacoma Gallery
Get a Haynes or chiltons book.... its the best 15 bucks you can spend on a vehicle! in the back of the book there are wiring diagrams.... look for instrument panel guages and warning light system under the chassis electrical system diagrams. on my 95 it is the black wire in the wiring harness that plugs into the guages.

that would be for an aftermarket tach

and what do you know my Haynes book says 1995 thru 2000 all models.....
Old 01-29-2009, 12:51 AM   #12
wawireguy is on a distinguished road
wawireguy's Tacoma Gallery
Haynes and Chiltons always let me down. Find a Toyota factory manual if you really want to be able to work on it.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:27 AM   #13
9th level dungeon master
darkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawireguy View Post
Haynes and Chiltons always let me down. Find a Toyota factory manual if you really want to be able to work on it.
that is not the point....
Old 03-25-2009, 08:16 PM   #14
T100
zigzagg321 will become famous soon enough
zigzagg321's Tacoma Gallery
not to dig up an old crusty thread or anything, but... Anyone try any of this yet? Id like to add a tach to my 96 2.7L.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:18 PM   #15
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Tigerfan is the mileage stored at the gauge cluster or in the ECU?
Old 03-25-2009, 08:31 PM   #16
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i think it'll depend on whether or not the odo is digital or analog but im not sure

never explored this...i just for some reason know that in older trucks sr5 added a tach
Old 03-26-2009, 09:47 AM   #17
9th level dungeon master

i have an aftermarket tach... like i said... black wire....