Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Turbocharged 2TR-FE

Old 11-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
This space intentionally left blank.
Boring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Discharged honorably many years ago.
Boring's Tacoma Gallery
Turbocharged 2TR-FE

Anyone feeling rich?
http://ozboost.com.au/shop/manifold-and-dump-pipe
I think this would work on the US spec Tacoma. Maybe they can be fabricated cheaper here? Seems like this and the computer are the main things holding back the 4 cylinders getting turbos. Computers exist, but they'd have to be tuned and programmed for this specific setup right?

They have a whole kit, but it's for a Hilux with the hood scoop pushing air down through an intercooler on top of the engine. URD's front mounted intercooler looks much better to me.

If I did it myself, I'd want to lower the compression ratio, so I could keep using "cheap" gas. But, I'm too cheap to do anything like this...
Old 11-05-2012, 01:48 AM   #2
AlaskanTaco will become famous soon enough

AlaskanTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, you would have to tune the computer, and more then likely get a little bigger injectors. You can run a little boost on the stock compression ratio. Maybe about 6-7 lbs of boost, and still be able to run 90 octane. Keep it at about a 11.7-13.6 AFR, and everything will be good to go. Why not just custom fab your own down pipe for the turbo?
Old 11-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
This space intentionally left blank.
Boring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Discharged honorably many years ago.
Boring's Tacoma Gallery
The downpipe? I was more concerned with the exhaust manifold. Maybe it's common for muffler shops or tuners to build those and I don't know it. That's the first one I've seen for sale anywhere.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #4
nik.moretto is on a distinguished road
Name: nathan
nik.moretto's Tacoma Gallery
this looks interesting...first one ive seen too

subd