1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

4 cylinder and mudding

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by MConde85, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Nov 9, 2012 at 3:37 AM
    MConde85

MConde85 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mark
    Sierra Vista
    Vehicle:
    2012 Base 4cyl 4x4
    Larger tires (285) Future: Lift, front/rear locker, arb bumber, rock sliders.
    I took my 2012 4cylinder mudding (stock) and I ended up having to change the altenator because it "has water damage." I couldn't find an aftermarket altenator so I had to pay about 698 for a new one.

Some of the...puddles were just above my tail pipe so I can understand how water got onto the alternator but what I don't understand is the placement of the alternator to begin with. If you look above the front wheel on the passanger side it is completely visable and open to the elements. It is more on the lower side of the motor then higher up.

Another issue I had was my "clutch throw out bearing." I washed my truck with a pressure washer as best I could to get the mud from under the truck. After it dried I started getting a strange noise when ever I depressed the clutch ("rusty throw out bearing") ?? I was also told that I should change out ALL the fluids, dif, trans., and engine, as the truck "had been under water." ( just up to the doors in muddy water)

It's going to cost me 400 to have the dealer replace the throw out bearing plus w/e the cost for fluids. Friend of mine said as long as it feels normal then my clutch should be ok, at least for a while??? Should I change all the fluids (due for an oil change anyway) .

Thanks for your help.-Mark

2. Nov 9, 2012 at 4:26 AM
    buzzard1992

buzzard1992 Yep

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Summerville, SC
    Vehicle:
    01 4wd trd, 255/85/16 km2s
    5100's with eibachs. And 255/85/16 km2s
    I wouldn't worry about changing any fluids except for maybe the rear diff since it was submerged. Do the rear diff breather mod. I'm assuming you were flyin through deep puddles right? It's not that good of an idea to do. As for the throw out bearing I have no idea

Products Discussed in

To Top