Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

is my driveshaft gonna fallout?

Old 11-16-2012, 05:52 AM   #1
toyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
toyodajeff's Tacoma Gallery
is my driveshaft gonna fallout?

I have a single cab prerunner that I just put a 6 inch lift on it. The slip yoke on the tramsmission is slid out alot more now and you can see the slip shaft( I guess thats what its called) because the dust cover for it has slid apart about an inch. The prerunners single cabs have a 1 piece driveshaft. the slip yoke for them is where the drivesaft goes into the transmissiom. Anybody with a big prerunner single cab or a long travel reg cab have any input or experience with this
Old 11-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #2
toyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Heres a pic of the truck
Attached Thumbnails
is my driveshaft gonna fallout?-2012-11-11_15-04-48_835.jpg  
Old 11-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #3

Got some 35s on it bump
Attached Thumbnails
is my driveshaft gonna fallout?-2012-11-17_16-46-13_367.jpg  
Old 11-17-2012, 08:07 PM   #4
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
how about a pic of the drive shaft itself?
Old 11-18-2012, 04:46 PM   #5
4 Bangin' SOB
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
truck looks badass! are you regeared?
Old 11-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #6

Thanks but no I didnt regear. it aint that slow, at least to me. I dont have to ride the clutch to get going.I took the 3 inch blocks off of it today. The output shaft was leaking oil and I had a moderate driveline vibration. I plan on getting a set of tapered and offset centerpin blocks from streetacos.com I forget the guys username but he is on tw.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:16 AM   #7
4 Bangin' SOB
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
damn man. good luck with it all, it looks sick. Functionality is obviously more important though haha
Old 11-19-2012, 08:23 AM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
That kit didn't come with a driveshaft extension? I would have thought that the blocks would have been tapered also. Hopefully you get this sorted out!
Old 11-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
That kit didn't come with a driveshaft extension? I would have thought that the blocks would have been tapered also. Hopefully you get this sorted out!
It wasnt a lift kit it. I have lift spindles on front with bilstein5100s and I tied to use univesal 3 inch lift blocks