Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

4Banger and 35s Q

Old 03-26-2013, 08:20 PM   #41
toyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
toyodajeff's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbmx View Post
cruising down the highway to school this morning.
Kcbmx guess you dont run wot cruise control huh?
Old 03-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #42
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Hotshot
Name: Marco
kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyodajeff View Post
Kcbmx guess you dont run wot cruise control huh?
I use it a lot actually, not in traffic though.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #43
toyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Do you still get decent mpgs when you do this. Ive done it in mine to on hills but figured it would make the truck really drink gas. I dont drive on the interstate much and dont have a scangauge to check
Old 03-26-2013, 08:34 PM   #44
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbmx View Post
cruising down the highway to school this morning.
Doesn't mean anything.

I can tweak the calibration on my Ultragauge to display 40mpg if I want.

How many miles did you get out of your last tank, and how many gallons did you put in when you filled it up?

If you never completely fill your tank, you will never know your true mileage.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:36 PM   #45
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Do you still get decent mpgs when you do this. Ive done it in mine to on hills but figured it would make the truck really drink gas. I dont drive on the interstate much and dont have a scangauge to check
On the hills yes i see what you mean, I do let off and granny the gas.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:40 PM   #46

I drove 272 miles on this tank (60 was hauling an ATV on a trailer) and it took 15.308 gallons to fill it back up. 272/15.308= 17.76 since my tires are 11% bigger in circumference my speedometer spins 11% slower so 17.76 x 1.11= 19.7 mpgs
Attached Images

Old 03-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #47
doing my thing.

kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Doesn't mean anything.

I can tweak the calibration on my Ultragauge to display 40mpg if I want.

How many miles did you get out of your last tank, and how many gallons did you put in when you filled it up?

If you never completely fill your tank, you will never know your true mileage.
its always between 320-350 when my gas light comes on. Sure I've seen a tad worse but nothing to freak out about. Fill up with 17 gallons take or leave. Im happy with my gas milage
Old 03-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #48
doing my thing.

kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Whys your park brake light on?
Idk its been like that ever since i got my smog done, I also have an abs light and the airbag light on. Im collecting them all like Pokemon lmao.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #49

What happened to your airbag light
If its a bad clock spring/spiral cable they had a recall and it can be fixed for.free
Old 03-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #50
doing my thing.

kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What happened to your airbag light
If its a bad clock spring/spiral cable they had a recall and it can be fixed for.free
Im pretty sure its the clock spring, it just showed up recently. Ill need to check if im still eligible.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:04 PM   #51

I think since its a recall and not a tsb it applies to everyone even if the factory warrenty is up
Old 03-26-2013, 09:09 PM   #52
doing my thing.

kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Jeff, are you planning to re-gear?
Old 03-26-2013, 09:24 PM   #53

No ill most likely go back to 33s when these tires wear out.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:17 PM   #54
bzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the rough
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
my 09 reg cab with 3 inch lift and 267/75/16 dick cepek mud country tires is lucky to get 19mpg on a hilly hwy ride, the elevations are only 6-700 vertical ft at most and on flatter rides with better flowing traffic i get 20. i'm driving along at probably an avg of 70mph on these rides, if i granny it down to 60mph i'm sure it's better but not very much. consistent daily real world driving 20+mpg on 35's just is not realistic for those thinking oh yeah i should still get good mpg's...