Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

4Banger and 35s Q

Old 03-25-2013, 08:38 PM   #41
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
3.88's? What comes in first gens stock? 2nd gens have 4.10s stock and they bog like hell with 35s! Lol
He's got the manual trans.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:51 PM   #42
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
He's got the manual trans.
What do they come with stock in first gens then?
Old 03-25-2013, 08:52 PM   #43
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Anyone else think of this thread?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-question.html
Old 03-25-2013, 08:56 PM   #44
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
cant believe that thread lasted 21 pages.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:00 PM   #45
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Hotshot
Name: Marco
kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
I too got 20 mpg highway w/35s on my 4 cyl. I plan to re-gear to 4.88 though. it sucks getting up to speed.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:04 PM   #46
DerpWerx Fab

Pics for proof? How many miles did you get from a full tank? Recalibrate everything? Whats your average speed?

I know i seem like a nazi but all these people claiming 20mpg with 35's can never prove it.

Im on 255/60's currently and im still struggling to get 20mpg. I average about 350miles per tank(usually 16-17gallons).
Old 03-25-2013, 09:15 PM   #47
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Pics for proof? How many miles did you get from a full tank? Recalibrate everything? Whats your average speed?

I know i seem like a nazi but all these people claiming 20mpg with 35's can never prove it.

Im on 255/60's currently and im still struggling to get 20mpg. I average about 350miles per tank(usually 16-17gallons).
I went off my scan gauge, speed calibrated based on GPS. Its funny though ive never been able to get over 22mpg average on this truck. Granted ive always had larger than stock tires. 265/75/16 21-22 at best.285/75/16 21 at best. 315/75/16 20 at best. around town 17-19 with any of these configurations. Will 4:88 gears bring me back up to that 22? probably not but id really like some second gear tire chirping like the old days
Old 03-25-2013, 09:19 PM   #48
DerpWerx Fab

"tire chirping" big tires and 4cyl should never go together in the same sentence unless you have some boost.
4.88's will get you back to stock power. No tire chirping. And youll lose some high ability also. Youll run lower rpms up until 60-70. Then youll start running higher rpms actually.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #49
doing my thing.

kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
"tire chirping" big tires and 4cyl should never go together in the same sentence unless you have some boost.
4.88's will get you back to stock power. No tire chirping. And youll lose some high ability also. Youll run lower rpms up until 60-70. Then youll start running higher rpms actually.
This guy
Old 03-25-2013, 09:30 PM   #50
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbmx View Post
This guy
Lol just saying. Im the guy that went from 6" lift and 33x12.50 mud grapplers to 3" drop kit and 255/60 hankooks because i was THAT frustrated with being able to hold the pedal to the floor and use it as cruise control since the damn thing couldnt go above 70-75mph. Then if you hit a hill or some wind, it struggled going 65. All in 5th gear of course. Highway cruising.

Now i have to watch myself to make sure i dont go 80-90.

Still no tire chirping tho. Trust me. I try it every stop light lol. Several things happen.
First. Youre clutch will burn.
Then (if the clutch bites)Traction control will say"waiiiit a minute. Im a taco. Im not supposed to do this" and stop you
Then you get smart and turn traction control off. You shift to 2nd while spinning em and guess what? Rpms will hold at 3k while your clutch is all like"fuckk my life".
So now you really get smart! Drop the clutch while on the brakes and try to do a brake stand right? Yeaaaa no. Not with that brake position and throttle position sensors. Cant havethe brake and throttle pressed at the same time.

So i may seem like mr. Negative. But im just saying. Ive tried it all. Still not happy with the power these trucks put down.

I occasionaly ponder lifting it back up again but then i remember 13mpg and topping out at 75mph put all my thoughts to rest.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:41 PM   #51
doing my thing.

kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lol just saying. Im the guy that went from 6" lift and 33x12.50 mud grapplers to 3" drop kit and 255/60 hankooks because i was THAT frustrated with being able to hold the pedal to the floor and use it as cruise control since the damn thing couldnt go above 70-75mph. Then if you hit a hill or some wind, it struggled going 65. All in 5th gear of course. Highway cruising.

Now i have to watch myself to make sure i dont go 80-90.

Still no tire chirping tho. Trust me. I try it every stop light lol. Several things happen.
First. Youre clutch will burn.
Then (if the clutch bites)Traction control will say"waiiiit a minute. Im a taco. Im not supposed to do this" and stop you
Then you get smart and turn traction control off. You shift to 2nd while spinning em and guess what? Rpms will hold at 3k while your clutch is all like"fuckk my life".
So now you really get smart! Drop the clutch while on the brakes and try to do a brake stand right? Yeaaaa no. Not with that brake position and throttle position sensors. Cant havethe brake and throttle pressed at the same time.

So i may seem like mr. Negative. But im just saying. Ive tried it all. Still not happy with the power these trucks put down.

I occasionaly ponder lifting it back up again but then i remember 13mpg and topping out at 75mph put all my thoughts to rest.
I used to be able to chirp these tires in second with 265s. Im just saying i used to do it. Not sure if the later models have a bunch of new add ons but i dont even have abs on my truck (disabled). I have long travel on my truck now, factor in the height and gained track width i still got 20mpg round trip to socal.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:51 PM   #52
DerpWerx Fab

Guess im just closed minded then cause i refuse to believe that lifted trucks with fat tires can get 20mpg. Maybe somethings just wrong with mine. Idk.

Unless someone can prove it.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #53
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Guess im just closed minded then cause i refuse to believe that lifted trucks with fat tires can get 20mpg. Maybe somethings just wrong with mine. Idk.

Unless someone can prove it.
I'm with you.

There is the potential for improved mileage if driving is 90% highway and it's all straight and level, but I went to 30s on my '94 with the 22RE and it wouldn't do better than 18 except on one trip down the US highway from Vegas to Phoenix doing 55 the while way.

Same story as you... 5th gear WOT was my cruise control.

People lie about mileage all the time.
They also are unintentionally misleading because they are not calculating properly.
The Scangauge/Ultragauge are only as accurate as their calibration.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:10 PM   #54
DerpWerx Fab

^ was waiting for you to chime in lol.

Yea idk where people get their numbers from. I may rustle some peoples jimmies by calling BS when they say"my 4cyl on 33's gets 20mpg!" but, I would just hate for someone to search the site, get misled by the numbers, order lift/wheels/tires, and then get upset when they average 15mpg driving like a normal person.

Normal person being occassional spirited driving with a mix of granny driving.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:54 PM   #55
toyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
toyodajeff's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/4-c...7-35s-mpg.html
And yes i drive slow. Pics are in the link
Old 03-26-2013, 07:12 PM   #56
doing my thing.

kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
cruising down the highway to school this morning.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #57
toyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Kcbmx guess you dont run wot cruise control huh?
Old 03-26-2013, 07:23 PM   #58
doing my thing.

kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyodajeff View Post
Kcbmx guess you dont run wot cruise control huh?
I use it a lot actually, not in traffic though.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:30 PM   #59

Do you still get decent mpgs when you do this. Ive done it in mine to on hills but figured it would make the truck really drink gas. I dont drive on the interstate much and dont have a scangauge to check
Old 03-26-2013, 07:34 PM   #60

Quote:
Doesn't mean anything.

I can tweak the calibration on my Ultragauge to display 40mpg if I want.

How many miles did you get out of your last tank, and how many gallons did you put in when you filled it up?

If you never completely fill your tank, you will never know your true mileage.