Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Check Engine Light - No Cruise - After moderate pot hole

Old 12-08-2012, 11:11 PM   #1
EvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EvilBetty's Tacoma Gallery
Check Engine Light - No Cruise - After moderate pot hole

Have about 97k on the truck now.

Drove an hour to a friends house, drove through a clear field. Drove an hour back home. Hit a pop hole on with the front left wheel pulling out of a fast food place and I hear a small click and the check engine light came on. I got n the highway on the last leg home and the cruise would come on but not engage. No other symptoms. I'm heading to Autozone tomorrow to check for codes.

The only thing after market I have on the truck is a navigation deck with splice on the speed wire and rear brake light for the backup camera.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
SitkaSpruceMica is a name known to allSitkaSpruceMica is a name known to allSitkaSpruceMica is a name known to allSitkaSpruceMica is a name known to allSitkaSpruceMica is a name known to allSitkaSpruceMica is a name known to all
Name: TC
SitkaSpruceMica's Tacoma Gallery
Check your wheel speed sensors. If they are not reading correctly the cruise will be disabled. The ABS may not work correctly either if this is the case so get it checked soon.

TC
Old 12-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #3
If it can't be overdone it's not worth doing
SMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know if this is an issue with Tacomas, but my old Colorado had a problem with the brake light sensors going bad which would cause the cruise control to not work.

Do your brake lights light up?

Just throwing out ideas, good luck.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #4
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
im betting you probably need a new wheel bearing. i slid into a curb with my reg cab and broke my wheel bearing in a snow storm, didnt have cruise, but im sure thats your problem. if you have a warranty, they will cover it. at least they did for mine....
Old 12-11-2012, 08:49 PM   #5
EvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EvilBetty's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah code is reading P0500 Speed Sensor A

Today I had the brakes checked and drums cleaned and adjusted at Firestone. I don't know if they knew what to look for, I don't.

I tried clearing the code but it's being thrown constantly as I go down the road.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:59 PM   #6
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Check for the wires at each wheel to make sure that they are tight.