Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

wooohooo! my first vehicle recovery!

Old 01-31-2009, 07:13 PM   #1
9th level dungeon master
darkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to all

darkturtleninja's Tacoma Gallery
wooohooo! my first vehicle recovery!

alrighty so i got to put my 4cyl 4x4 to the test....

we got 13" inches of snow the other day and my neighbor decided to drive his 1980's chevy s10 2wd without any weight in the back.... well needless to say he ended up in in the 4 foot ditch beside his driveway.... and called upon me to help him.... so i backed my truck up and got out my new never used tow strap... and hooked it to the front of his truck and then hooked it to my reese hitch.... i got in my truck and put her in 4hi.... pulled up real slowly till the strap was taut... and then i held my rpms at 2500rpm and let the clutch out and gave her hell.... and his little s10 shot up out of the ditch without any problems.... it kinda looked like a matchbox car being yanked out like a ragdoll by a rc truck...lol.... it was sweet! i wish i had a video! and the best part is he gave me 10 bucks for 5 minutes of my time!!!
Old 01-31-2009, 07:54 PM   #3
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
its always good to have that feeling. Ive pulled many of people out in the snow/mud. Its also good karma to refuse that tip money..people will remember that and hook you up with stuff all the time.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:09 PM   #4
9th level dungeon master
darkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
its always good to have that feeling. Ive pulled many of people out in the snow/mud. Its also good karma to refuse that tip money..people will remember that and hook you up with stuff all the time.
yeah i proble would have refused but my pockets were empty and i was due for a fresh pack of ciggs...lol... ive helped him with alot of things over the years with his vehicles and misc. stuff around his property.... and required no type of payment.... just the goodness of my heart.... or i was just really bored...lol...
Old 01-31-2009, 08:38 PM   #5
9th level dungeon master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Jake View Post
Glad to hear your recovery cherry was popped
lol.... glad it wasnt a rough one if you know what i mean...lol
Old 02-01-2009, 11:31 AM   #6
wawireguy is on a distinguished road
wawireguy's Tacoma Gallery
Take it eas on pulling peeps out. Slow and steady in 4 Lo is the way to go.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:33 AM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Ah....the days.......I remember My first vehicle recovery......:-)
Old 02-01-2009, 01:32 PM   #8
9th level dungeon master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawireguy View Post
Take it eas on pulling peeps out. Slow and steady in 4 Lo is the way to go.
i would have done 4lo but my transfercase shifter keeps jumping out of 4lo.... it used to jump out of 4hi but it quit after awhile.......

if it had been a larger truck i would have tried 4lo but it was a little s10 with no wight in the back.....
Old 02-04-2009, 03:41 PM   #9
ubermx5 is on a distinguished road
ubermx5's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to ubermx5
Cool deal....
Old 02-04-2009, 04:10 PM   #10
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
i did my first recovery in december! my boss's 07 chevy 1500 v8 couldnt pull itself up a small hill with a trailer. got himself stuck in the ditch and made me hook up! ahh the look on his face when he discovered that i could help him after he said my toy car was as useful as a retarded red headed step child!
Old 02-04-2009, 04:13 PM   #11
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Last summer I did a Boat recovery/rescue. Thats off road.......right?
Old 02-10-2009, 11:37 AM   #12
96 yota is on a distinguished road
96 yota's Tacoma Gallery
I have done my share of heavy recoverys... a 08 ford 6.4 off the beach sunk to the frame rails, a 03 gmc 2500 in soft silt, and a bunch of little trucks