Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

What would happen???

Old 01-18-2013, 10:43 PM   #21
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Ran my 2.7 on the limiter often. Many times, even when supercharged, I floor boarded the throttle, and let it go! Never had an issue.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:11 PM   #22
pigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pigger's Tacoma Gallery
You can feel the power roll off above 4800rpm, IMO; not much point in exceeding that in most situations. I have hit the rev limiter a few times in times of overexuberance, though; glad it was there.

I don't normally take mine over 5000 rpm. I do shift from 1st to 2nd at around 4800, when I'm trying to get up to speed; these trucks are not fast by any means. They don't really accelerate; they just gather speed.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:40 PM   #23
Poodle Head Mikey has much to be proud ofPoodle Head Mikey has much to be proud ofPoodle Head Mikey has much to be proud ofPoodle Head Mikey has much to be proud ofPoodle Head Mikey has much to be proud ofPoodle Head Mikey has much to be proud ofPoodle Head Mikey has much to be proud ofPoodle Head Mikey has much to be proud ofPoodle Head Mikey has much to be proud ofPoodle Head Mikey has much to be proud of
Poodle Head Mikey's Tacoma Gallery
Well; it's not like the End Of The World comes

The "redline" is what exactly? The maximum SAFE engine speed. So you could keep the engine running 100 RPM below the redline all day long and be fine.

Stop worrying. You could probably run the engine at 150% of the redline for a good long while and nothing but maybe a higher wear rate would happen.

I used to run small block Chevy and air cooled VW engines at 150% of the redline routinely and nothing bad ever happened. These Toyota engines aren't delicate little babies - they are tough, hell-for-stout Machines.

Yes; I would normally try to avoid exceeding the redline - but if I did go over; nothing bad would happen for a good long while. The redline is not some magical threshold - it's more of a suggestion.

PHM
------

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota4wd View Post
What would happen If I worked up the nerve to take my lil 4 banger past 4500 rpm??? Would it go back to the future? Would it blow up?(never) or would it just sound really cool when that vvti kicks in? THE WORLD MAY NEVER KNOW!