Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Probably going to sell my 2012

Old 01-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #1
Silver4x4Taco is on a distinguished road
Silver4x4Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Probably going to sell my 2012

I bought a 2012 Silver 4x4, Regular Cab, Manual Transmission Tacoma last year and used it as a commuting vehicle to keep the miles off my Mustang. The commutes were 90 mile round trip on the interestate for my job. I am no longer making the commute and will probably sell the Tacoma.

It now has about 13,000 miles, almost all interstate. Is in excellent condition. I did my own oil changes, using mobil 1 synthetic starting at about 1,000 miles and then every 3,000 since.

It is really just like a brand new truck. It has been getting 25+ mpg at around 70 mph on the interstate. Great commuter, but dont need it anymore.

So, looking for help/advice.
About how much can I realistically expect to sell this truck for, and how would I best go about selling it. Craigslist, Ebay ?
Old 01-19-2013, 04:35 PM   #3
Have not decided what I would ask, what do you think it could sell for ? I ran it through edmunds and I think it came up with around 20K.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:47 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
What options and add-ons?
Basically bare bones, it is the regular cab, 4x4, no power windows or locks.

It has air conditioning of course, cloth bench seat, 5-speed manual. AM/FM CD. About as basic as it gets. Which is what I liked about it in the first place.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #6
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
. . . Sounds like a nice truck . . . G L W S . . .
Old 01-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #7
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver4x4Taco View Post
Basically bare bones, it is the regular cab, 4x4, no power windows or locks.

It has air conditioning of course, cloth bench seat, 5-speed manual. AM/FM CD. About as basic as it gets. Which is what I liked about it in the first place.
no traction control, stability control, locker, dac, side airbags, seat air bags, cruise control, etc?
Old 01-19-2013, 05:00 PM   #8
I dont think those are options, but are standard equip.

But could be wrong. In any case it does have stability control, traction control, abs, electronic brake force distributiion, brake assist, smart stop (SST) technology. Seat mounted and side curtain air bags. TMS etc etc etc

Under optional equiptment the window sticker only states that the daytime running lights, 50 states emissions sliding rear window and the carpeted floor mats and door sill protector as options.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:11 PM   #9
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver4x4Taco View Post
I dont think those are options, but are standard equip.

But could be wrong. In any case it does have stability control, traction control, abs, electronic brake force distributiion, brake assist, smart stop (SST) technology. Seat mounted and side curtain air bags. TMS etc etc etc

Under optional equiptment the window sticker only states that the daytime running lights, 50 states emissions sliding rear window and the carpeted floor mats and door sill protector as options.
Sounds pretty good. I'd think you could do better the $20,000.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:02 PM   #10
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
Take the price of a 2013, subtract 2k, thats your list price.