Volant Intake installed

Old 01-21-2013, 10:16 PM   #1
Dick Richards III
prdltakid is on a distinguished road
Navy: Parachute Rigger
Name: Dick
prdltakid's Tacoma Gallery
Volant Intake installed

Just installed my new volant intake and seem to have a problem. When she turns over she only runs for about 2 seconds and than shuts off. But when I disconnect the MAF she'll stay running, idel starts off at around 500, than slowly increases to 900 before eventually dropping down to just under 500. Has anyone had this problem? Should I look into getting one of those URD MAF calibrators. Any help would be welcomed. Thank you.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #2
Mr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Active MK 02-09, ME 09-10, Reserve ME 10-11, ENS 11-Current.  Federal Civilian 10-Current
Mr. Brown's Tacoma Gallery
It is most likely an improperly inserted MAF sensor or a vacuum leak. Check to make sure your MAF sensor is pointing towards the throttle body and sealed well, then check all the other seals on the intake. Make sure air is not leaking in anywhere.

If that doesn't work try disconnecting the battery for a while to reset the computer.

If that doesn't work, you may have damaged the sensor during the install.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:35 PM   #3
06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Cornelius Fire Department and Metro West Ambulance
Name: Robert
06TRDZombieHunter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by prdltakid View Post
Just installed my new volant intake and seem to have a problem. When she turns over she only runs for about 2 seconds and than shuts off. But when I disconnect the MAF she'll stay running, idel starts off at around 500, than slowly increases to 900 before eventually dropping down to just under 500. Has anyone had this problem? Should I look into getting one of those URD MAF calibrators. Any help would be welcomed. Thank you.
DONT get one of the MAF calibrators.. It won't fix your problem, and may likely add to your frustrations. It only operates during open loop sessions of throttle, and is designed to richen up the AFR with bold on mods like aftermarket intake and exhaust. I'd get your truck running well again before heading that route.

-Rob
Old 01-21-2013, 10:58 PM   #4
Dick Richards III
Welp, I'm an idiot. Mr. Brown, you were right. Just went out and reinstalled it correctly and tunred over and ran just fine. Idles a little high, but that was the first time I've started it since last night. Thanks for the help.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #5
SonDa5 is on a distinguished road
SonDa5's Tacoma Gallery
Could you post some photos of it installed and a sound clip of how it sounds?
Old 01-21-2013, 11:25 PM   #6
Dick Richards III
I'll do the photos in the morn. I'll try the sound clip. Not sure how to do that part.

Products Discussed in this Thread